Need help choosing a steering system (newbie) 1957 Nylox

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Need help choosing a steering system (newbie) 1957 Nylox

And on this one I have no idea, MB. Is there a shipping pin? Just casting about.

mccoytr

Petty Officer 1st Class

If I am not totally silly, I remember reading that the no feedback system it has clutches in it to reduce feedback. I remember where I read it at. I am also looking into this for my project boat. Hope this helps.

Mechanical Steering Systems FAQ’s

Mechanical Steering

I just bought a NFB (No-Feed Back) helm and cannot turn the shaft by hand. Why?

Without the steering wheel on the shaft, NFB helms are very difficult to turn by hand. This reason is the No-Feed Back clutch is always on “standby” to grip the helm shaft and hold it steady against torque feedback from the engine (which can make the steering wheel turn on non-No-Feedback systems). Once the helm is mounted in the dash and the steering wheel is properly attached, you will be able to turn the shaft easily. Follow the installation instructions completely.
NOTE: An overview of NFB can be found on page 23 in this catalog. Available NFB systems are shown after that.

Here is the web site: http://www.seastarsolutions.com/support-2/faqs-2/mechanical-steering-systems/

motor boater

Petty Officer 1st Class

Yeah, that was correct. Once I received and installed the steering wheel it turned very easily with no effort at all. Love the system. But still waiting to try ot put on the water.