Need gas cap for 1994 Larson SEI 174

PTTrader

Recruit
Hi. I got filled up at the marina and came home to find my gas cap missing. I called the marina and they don't have it. I've done my best searching online but cannot find a similar replacement. Any advice where I can find a suitable replacement? Thanks!

roffey

Commander
likely not your gas cap. I did a search on mine and it looks to be the same generic results.

Grub54891

Admiral
They may have forgot to put it on, It was laying on the boat and fell off on the way home. Most gas caps are attached with a chain to the inside of the filler so it don't get lost in the lake. You should be able to figure out the thread count and diameter with a bit of research, and get one from the local marina if they have a ships store. Or on here at I-boats.

roffey

Commander
likely not your gas cap. I did a search on mine and it looks to be the same generic results
looks like they removed the web site I had posted... maybe see if any of these caps look like they will work ...

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
call larson and ask which company they buy the deck fills from. that will get you a manufacturer. then you can go from there.

however the deck fills are cheap enough. may need to just buy a new one.

roffey

Commander
call larson and ask which company they buy the deck fills from. that will get you a manufacturer. then you can go from there.

however the deck fills are cheap enough. may need to just buy a new one.
Larson is out of business are they not?

JASinIL2006

Vice Admiral
I have a '97 Larson SEI. When I get home I'll look and see if mine has any manufacturer's mark.

jeb6294

Seaman
Is it an oddball gas cap or something? I just had to get a new one for our '87 Starcraft cause the threads on the plastic one were shot and it looked like they were pretty standard. The old plastic one said "Perko" but this one fit perfectly....Gas Cap

TyeeMan

Master Chief Petty Officer
Larson boats is very much in business. They are currently owned by Polaris.
The factory was located by Little Falls Minnesota since the beginning I think. Lately I believe they moved the factory to somewhere in Wisconsin. The bow rider type boat market was smaller and smaller, now Larson produces really nice fishing boats, , kinda like the Ranger fishing boats.
I see them all the time going to and from our camper in Nisswa Mn.

briangcc

Commander
Larson boats is very much in business. They are currently owned by Polaris.
The factory was located by Little Falls Minnesota since the beginning I think. Lately I believe they moved the factory to somewhere in Wisconsin. The bow rider type boat market was smaller and smaller, now Larson produces really nice fishing boats, , kinda like the Ranger fishing boats.
I see them all the time going to and from our camper in Nisswa Mn.
If you read through the story, Polaris stopped production on Larson, Rinker, and Striper boat labels in April 2020. The website is for support only.

They're refocusing on Bennington, Godfrey, and Hurricane instead. Here's the full notice...

hugh g

Petty Officer 1st Class
Is it an oddball gas cap or something? I just had to get a new one for our '87 Starcraft cause the threads on the plastic one were shot and it looked like they were pretty standard. The old plastic one said "Perko" but this one fit perfectly....Gas Cap
I bought a locking one I think right here on iboats for my Starcraft a few years ago.

What model Starcraft is that? She's sharp! Mine was a Medalist, '87- 19 ftr.

JASinIL2006

Vice Admiral
I don’t know if it will help, but here are some photos of my gas cap from my ‘97 Larson SEI. It looks like a Perko fitting. The collar on the boat (that the cap screws into) has printed on it “Fig. 540”, whatever that means. I didn’t see anything else that looked like a model number on either the cap or the fitting that’s attached to the boat. Hope it helps.

73331D4D-E7EB-4446-A1F3-36E7D0F600C8.jpegCADD0706-996B-4007-9B22-6150B90DD497.jpegB4C854F1-765F-45AB-8697-9C4EFDA1EF6A.jpegAA86F24F-F94E-4466-B12B-C31CB84B3ED4.jpeg

jeb6294

Seaman
I bought a locking one I think right here on iboats for my Starcraft a few years ago.

What model Starcraft is that? She's sharp! Mine was a Medalist, '87- 19 ftr.
It’s an ‘87 SS201. My wife’s family had it since ‘96 and we inherited it when they got something newer. Would never guess it’s 34 years old.