need a gps/fishfinder mk or eagle

bigskiohio

Master Chief Petty Officer
I thinking of between a cuda 350s or hummingbird 161. I have not found any good reviews so any comment will be useful. Both are $200.00 so that is my price range.

wbh3569

Cadet
Re: need a gps/fishfinder mk or eagle

I just bought the Cuda 350S a couple weeks ago and have only ran it one time but so far am very satisfied with the purchase. The Humminbird was my first choice but was having similar trouble finding any reviews so I contacted Humminbird and they informed me that unit is now discontinued, the replacement is in the $350 range. I have a fair amount of experience with GPS/Fishfinders and would reccomend the eagle for the money. I replaced $2K woth of old electronics with $200 worth due to my current budget and the older units where starting to give problems.

Here's the link to where I bought mine, had it in 3 business days.
http://www.hodgesmarine.com/?click=10

bigskiohio

Master Chief Petty Officer

walmart has the 161 for $199 , Thanks for the reply .

wbh3569

Cadet

Walmart may have it but Humminbird has discontinued it therefore warranty claims could be an issue if needed.

OnTheWaterNow

Petty Officer 1st Class

I just bought a hummingbird 570 its new from hummingbird its great for $199.00

wbh3569

Cadet

The 570 is sonar only though, and the question was directed at sonar/gps combo.

John_S

Rear Admiral

Walmart may have it but Humminbird has discontinued it therefore warranty claims could be an issue if needed.

New with receipt from dealer and HB will honor warrantee. If they had to replace it and they did not have that particular model, they would probably give you a free upgrade to the current model with same or better capabilities. I'd expect it is the same at Lowrance/Eagle. FWIW, I haven't seen any mfg stiff anyone on a discontinued model.

Now, if you bought a 5-6 year old model, new in box, from someone on Ebay, that might not be covered. Technically, their website indicates that even if it is new model, never opened, and resold, it is not covered. I have heard of cases where they have, though.

A Walmart receipt is not going to be any issue.