NBA Friday Night Brawl

NYMINUTE

Captain
The NBA has issued severe suspensions, the local prosecutor is discussing charges. How much $$ do fans pay to see this embarrassment? Has professional sports gone too far? :mad:

mattttt25

Commander
Re: NBA Friday Night Brawl

agree it has gone too far. in this case, both the athletes and some fans are to blame. i'm confident the nba commish and local police will teach some people a little lesson with this one.

Carphunter

Commander

A bunch of liquored up fans in Detroit, what do ya expect! ;) <br /><br />Can't really blame Artest for going after the fella that threw the beer in his face. Hey, if someone did that to you at work, you would probably retaliate, right? I would. But, because he did go into the stands, I agree with the suspension. I think Stephen Jackson should have suffered the stiffest penalty. He ran up in the stands and started wailing on everybody. ......and Jermaine O'neal may have an alternate carreer as a boxer. Did you see the shot he landed on that fella standing on the court? <br /><br />Not enough security if ya ask me.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

The sports theater is getting way out of hand.<br />First the thing with the woman from the desperate housewife thing and the NFL and now this fighting stuff with the NBA.<br /><br />The fan/s were wrong with throwing stuff, but the players were wrong, as players, to go in the stands after them.<br /><br />Getting way out of hand. IMO.

KennyKenCan

Commander

These basketball players are suppose to be profesionals, that is why they are paid millions of dollars.<br /><br />But if this is the way profesionals are suppose to act, then they are no longer profesionals, rather just a bunch of street thugs, and they belong in prison!<br /><br />I understand that the fan should not have thrown anything onto the court, but come on man, it was just popcorn!<br /><br />If a profesional player cannot take a little popcorn in the face, and laugh about it, then what kind of profesional is he really?<br /><br />I'm not trying to pass all the blame of this incident onto the players, the fans were at fault too!<br /><br />All I know is, that if these players are not prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law, then the fans should likewise, not be prosecuted.

KaGee

Admiral

What do you expect... the NBA is now nothing but a bunch of street hoods being watched by the same. The only people now that can afford a ticket, especially those court side, are drug dealers, ****s, racketeers, and Hollywood celebs.<br /><br />I've lost interest long ago when Isaiah, Magic and the boys retired. Those Pistons=Lakers showdowns were classic.

tylerin

Commander

Finally!!! Some excitement in early season basketball. I loved it. Its this guys fault....that guys fault , who cares whens the next one :D

NYMINUTE

Captain

Originally posted by KaGee:<br /> What do you expect... the NBA is now nothing but a bunch of street hoods being watched by the same. The only people now that can afford a ticket, especially those court side, are drug dealers, ****s, racketeers, and Hollywood celebs.<br /><br />I've lost interest long ago when Isaiah, Magic and the boys retired. Those Pistons=Lakers showdowns were classic.
Well said KaGee, similar to my summary with my wife. A nationwide boycott of all pro sports might send a message to all. Just like the NHL only we lock them out. :mad:

jamesgreen

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Yes it was uncalled for but in sports and anything competitive emotions run high and things happen. Just because these guys get paid the big bucks does not make them profesionals and they are going to control there tempers. They are profesional BASKETBALL PLAYERS and that is what they are paid for. As for naked people during football games I would much rather have my kids see that then the fight. Last time I checked everyone has the same parts (men and women) and its natural. I would rather the networks come down on the fights as hard as the nudity.

Carphunter

Commander

I'm not trying to defend the players, but there was much more than popcorn thrown at 'em Kenny. Beer, chairs, fists, ect. ......and they were somewhat outnumbered. Popcorn was about the only thing I didn't see them throw.<br /><br />There were fans on the court trying to pick fights with some of the players also.<br /><br />As I said before, see how much restraint you have the next time someone throws a beer in your face at work, 'cause like it or not, thats where these guys were, at work. That doesn't mean I agree with what Artest did, but some of what happened is gonna be a natural reaction by most guys. (Personally, I think Artest is a punk, and I could care less if he plays or not, but this is not nearly all his fault).<br /><br />.....and, I think they all should be prosecuted, the players, the fans, and especially the Detroit Pistons organization for not providing adequate security, and not reacting nearly as quickly as they should have.<br /><br />......and don't forget, I'm a Pacer fan. :D <br /><br />Can't wait for the rematch on Christmas Day!

Stumpys

Petty Officer 1st Class

Originally posted by KaGee:<br /> What do you expect... the NBA is now nothing but a bunch of street hoods being watched by the same. The only people now that can afford a ticket, especially those court side, are drug dealers, ****s, racketeers, and Hollywood celebs.<br /><br />I've lost interest long ago when Isaiah, Magic and the boys retired. Those Pistons=Lakers showdowns were classic.
I agree KaGee... That's all the NBA is nowadays. A bunch of thugs that made it big time. Thier choice was either basketball or rapping. :D <br />IMO

mattttt25

Commander

let's relate it to the iboats crowd.... you're sitting in your outboard repair shop doing your thing, and some customers are behind the counter. as they walk around your shop, they look at the parts you are selling and toss out profanities left and right. then one of them throws a cup of soda and hits you square in the face. what do you do?<br /><br />no wait, we all know outboard repair mechanics are nothing but street hoods. and their customers are nothing but drug dealers, racketeers, etc.

Link

Rear Admiral

Not being a sports fan I could not care less. They are all paid too much for doing nothing productive. Thugs come to mind.

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

Hey Carpy, for 7.8 million dollars you can throw cow crap at me 4 times a day.....

oddjob

Commander

I really hate the fact that they were throwing perfectly good beer away...!

Carphunter

Commander

lmao at pointer. :D <br /><br />Yeah, I know. Heck, if I was there, i might have tried to take a punch, just so I could get rich. :eek: ................but then again, one punch might have killed me. :p <br /><br />I was really disappointed to find out that this thread was Friday night Brawl , and not Bra . :D

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Originally posted by tylerin:<br /> Finally!!! Some excitement in early season basketball. I loved it. Its this guys fault....that guys fault , who cares whens the next one :D
That is what scares me. You want to know what else scares me? My grandson worships the ground that mutant playa Armisted walks on. My role model was Curly and Larry Byrd. What a difference 30 years can make!<br />And Pointer, that was funny!! I'm still ROF. :D

KennyKenCan

Commander

Originally posted by POINTER94<br />Hey Carpy, for 7.8 million dollars you can throw cow crap at me 4 times a day.....
Thats right, for 7.8 million dollars, they should be able to take anything a fan could throw at them!<br /><br />Besides, where do the teams get the money to pay these clowns 7.8 million dollars?<br /><br />Answer:<br /><br />THE FANS!<br /><br />The very people these hoodlums attacked!<br /><br />And, Carpy, the whole maylay began with a fan throwing POPCORN, the rest of the stuff came afterwards! It was started by POPCORN!<br /><br />Real tuff guys, these NBA players, starting a brawl over POPCORN!<br /><br />Watch the replay, you will see, this whole thing got started over lighter than air, popcorn, not beer!

wilkin250r

Chief Petty Officer

The environment that you work in and the environment that professional basketball players work in is completely different. For them, heckling and profanity are part of their work environment. It's expected.<br /><br />Now with that, no player should ever expect to be assaulted and pelted with beer, popcorn, ice, cups, or anything else. But even if it DOES happen, I don't think it's too unreasonable to expect the players to maintain a certain level of professionalism. It's NEVER acceptable for a player to run into the stands to assault a fan. I think being suspended for the rest of the season is perfect. His actions were WAY out of line.<br /><br />Likewise, it's never acceptable for a fan to throw anything at a player. Those areas in the stand right next to the court are usually season ticket-holders, and I think he should have his season tickets revoked, and possibly prosecuted for assault.<br /><br />As for the fans on the court? They have no business being there. At all. Period. I think any fan that gets on the court actually deserves to be assaulted by players, short of broken bones and permanent damage, with no retribution taken on the players at all.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Yea, pay me 7.8 million a year.<br />I can take just about take anything thrown on me.<br /><br />Like I said, the fans were wrong throwing stuff and the players were wrong reacting the way they did. Period.<br /><br />The day of the professional ball player is gone.<br /><br />There ain't no one in any sport worth what these guys get paid, although if I was in the sport and the owners wanted to pay me that kind of money, I would take it. :D