Nauticus Smart Tabs on 97 Interceptor 212

itsathepete

Petty Officer 1st Class
Hi folks. Just wanted to share my experience. I recently acquired a 97 Caravelle Interceptor 212 with a Volvo 5.7 GS SX drive. It's a fast, fun boat and I got a good deal on it as it needed an engine replaced. It came with a wake tower which was great for us as we like to do wakeboarding, skiing, tubing, etc. The kids like to wakeboard at about 18mph. I have always struggled to maintain that speed and stay on plane with my old boat and this one didn't plane til closer to 22mph. I researched hydrofoils, electric trim tabs, hydraulic trim tabs and automatic trim tabs. Electric and hydraulic tabs were out of my price range and the hydrofoils (whale tails) didn't have consistent positive results. I ended up getting the Nauticus Smart Tabs. I got the stainless ones and installed them. All I can say is wow. It jumps on plane much quicker and will plane at a much lower speed. I am fully on plane at about 16 mph but even as low as 12mph I can almost plane but not plow through the water with the bow sticking straight up. Bow rise is greatly reduced and I didn't lose any top speed as some have experienced. Can't comment on ride quality as I wasn't in any chop, but planing at lower speed should greatly reduce pounding in chop as you don't have to go as fast. Low speed handling was also better, boat tracked straight, no walking. This isn't an advertisement but information to help those looking to improve some handling characteristics of their boat. Have a good one.

jbcurt00

Staff member
Dont start duplicate topics about the same subject

2 dups deleted