NASCAR Martinsville

justchange

Petty Officer 1st Class
I've seen this track in person. It's not as big as it looks on tv.:p

I've a lot of respect for those who can drive a 850 plus hp car on a track this small. :)

tallcanadian

Captain
Re: NASCAR Martinsville

It's an awesome track. Lots of excitement. My favourite is next week, Talladega.

ne7800

Lieutenant Junior Grade

I used to really like Bristol but they ruined it with the progressive banking:mad:, kinda boring now

WIMUSKY

Staff member

It's an awesome track. Lots of excitement. My favourite is next week, Talladega.

I used to go to Dega's fall race each year until they changed the schedule and put it later in the year. Always combined the race with a week on the beach In Orange Beach, AL. Well, Mn deer hunt is the weekend after the race now. So this year we just did the beach thing. Everytime we went to the race, chills ran down your spine as they took the green flag. The flyover of military aircraft before the race gave the same feeling. If you're a NASCAR fan, you should at least try and make one race at a track of your choice. There's nothing like being there.....

tallcanadian

Captain

That's awesome, I would love to go to 'Dega. The closest track to me would be New Hampshire, which is a good track too. I love the pre show at these races. Very cool.

TilliamWe

Banned

I used to really like Bristol but they ruined it with the progressive banking:mad:, kinda boring now

Not wanting to hijack this thread, but if the track didn't have progressive banking before, what did it have? The same 35 degrees in the straights as in the turns, with just a lip at the apron? Cause it still has an abrupt angle at the apron, making it unuseable, right?

nlain

Commander

Being in a location that is within driving distance I have been to Daytona, Atlanta, Charlotte (Lowes), Darlington, Rockingham (last race there), 3 to 5 hours then Daga, Bristol, 7 to 8 hours, flew to Richmond years ago when flying was cheap. I agree that anybody who is a fan should go to at least one race and see it live, tv does not do justice.

jacknbella

Petty Officer 1st Class

My first-ever in-person NASCAR race was spring 2005 in Atlanta. Sat on the back-stretch (before the tornado took it out) in row 5. It was pretty cool, to say the least. Became an instant fan.

2 months later, made the short trek to Talledaga and sat in row 10 just past the start-finish line. Atlanta was cool but Talledaga BLEW IT AWAY!!! Been to a few other tracks since then (Chicago, Charlotte, Michigan, Kansas) but none of them even compare to Daga. If you have the means, find a way to attend a Daga race and sit close (I know some fans got hurt this year) to the action. Sitting up high so you can see the entire track is over-rated. You don't even need ear protection up there. "Feel" the race by sitting lower. You won't be disappointed!!!

WIMUSKY

Staff member

And sit someplace in front of the pits. It's really cool hearing all the impact wrenches screaming and the crews running around like a chinese fire drill and the cars jockeying for postion as they leave their stalls!! They also have big screens so you can watch the race when the field is on the backstretch. It's a biiiig track.....