NASCAR 2022 - General News And Updates

WIMUSKY

Staff member
I would think the independent rear should give them better rear grip.....

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
IRS should work better. It really is time to drop Stock from Nascar.

64osby

Admiral
With Jim France back at the helm cars might appear jittery until late in the race, when then they don't corner well or stay between the lines.

Meames1

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I'm very cautiously watching the info come out on these new cars. I'm a big fan of the 18" wheels, due to the larger brakes they afford. The independent rear, better on road courses, which is what they (Nascar) seems to be leaning towards, unnecessary on ovals. Hopefully their complexity doesn't create mechanical issues. The sequential shift transmission takes some driver skill out of it. The bolt on front and rear subframes all purchased from the same vendor concerns me that Nascar is not going to allow the teams to experiment on their own with suspension geometry. The composite bodies, same issue.
I guess my biggest fear is that they have created a modern IROC car. I sure hope they still are going to have some areas the teams are allowed to explore. From first glance they have created a hopped up IMSA sports car.
I hope not, this sport has already lost a lot of its identity.

aspeck

Staff member
Smoke and Clint will be in the booth for the Clash and Daytona … could be interesting.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner
How many of the current drivers could competitively run in David Pearson's 1968 Torino Cobra ? Or Petty's 1974 Cutlass ? Could they even keep them on the track?

Meames1

Petty Officer 2nd Class
How many of the current drivers could competitively run in David Pearson's 1968 Torino Cobra ? Or Petty's 1974 Cutlass ? Could they even keep them on the track?
Not many that's for sure. The fist fights were definitely better back then too.....