Names From The Past

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member
I have been around for 15 yrs now and have seen MANY MANY go away and vanish. I miss many of them too.

Far too many to list but JB had about 2 months on me here and DHadley about the same.

I remember in the beginning it was wild but JB kept things in line.

aspeck

Staff member
Oh my, there has been a Vlad sighting! It is amazing what these "old threads" dredge up from the bottom! LOL!

OBJ

Supreme Mariner
Well doggone!! Someone remembered me.....LOL. Been a long, long time since I ventured into this site. Remember a lot about those times. Should get back more often. Really enjoyed the folks on here. Thanks aspeck.

lncoop

Vice Admiral
I got sent to the corner more then once by JB, but only banned once! Only for 48 hrs., can't remember now which mod it was, might have been Don S, rest his soul.

It was during the Deep Water Horizon disaster, we had a great informative thread going some what anchored by Jay Merrill who lived in Louisiana. Of course someone had to get too political, the mods kept warning the thread was going to be closed. The thread had gone on for quite some time before it was finally closed. Finding this story fascinating I got really upset and pm'd the idiot who basically was responsible. Needless to say my response was not at all nice and he reported me.
Yes, things seem much calmer here now although I'm just an occasional lurker. I did learn my lesson on forum etiquette though!

I remember that, Swabbie! I didn't know you got zapped over it though.:lol: Man, there have been some good times on here and some sad ones. I frequent several other boards, lately more than this one, and I don't even have the barge any more (though I still have the sixteen foot jon and various canoes, kayaks and the raft), but there's just nothing like iboats.

lncoop

Vice Admiral
I still say what we need around here is a good SBL thread!

sloopy

Commander
I joined IBoats in 2002 when i boats was just getting its legs on. Many may not remember names like Derwod,Sloopy,495v,Crabait,62Kiwi,Ebbtide,SpinnerBait,MellowYellow and of course Jb. Back then Jb ruled the roost. It was quite the party back then not like now.
Once in a while the shorepatrol would put the bear on but most of the time they gave us some line. The stories were long and rated on who could tell the best whooper. If you get a chance go the post 1072 and enjoy from there. Iboats became an addiction as it still is today. I am proud to be a member of a first class operation. Many are not with us today but the memories will always be here. I have missed many a name here so you old timers may have to fill in. Getn old makes us look back at the good times we had here. So few posts but quite a few years have gone by.
I check in once a year, post every 5. I posted three times today so probably will not post for 15 years now. :)

aspeck

Staff member
I check in once a year, post every 5. I posted three times today so probably will not post for 15 years now. :)
Thanks for bringing this thread back to the top ... another trip down memory lane ... and sloopy, don't be so scarce ... come around a little more often and post a bit more often as well. You are missed, my friend.

ezbtr

Commander
I
I've been around 18 years!! I remember when we discovered Google(??) live chat with microphones, regular chat times, tons of us drinking, good stuff, great advice and fun!!

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member
Wow - well I hope you are doing well. You were a favorite of JB and I remember you from day one! Considering how long ago that was you were going to go to college for aeronautics ......... You have probably graduated and have a family by now.

Please stay healthy and stop in more often then every 5 years!

Sincerely,
Bob

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
I joined in '09 only because a friend on another forum was having issues logging in so I joined to send a PM to a mod - yall were blocking some overseas countries at the time. Only started posting when I got the carver about 5 years ago.

I did start a thread on THT just like this about two months ago. I joined there on 05 I think.