Names From The Past

gonfishn

Commander
I joined IBoats in 2002 when i boats was just getting its legs on. Many may not remember names like Derwod,Sloopy,495v,Crabait,62Kiwi,Ebbtide,SpinnerBait,MellowYellow and of course Jb. Back then Jb ruled the roost. It was quite the party back then not like now.
Once in a while the shorepatrol would put the bear on but most of the time they gave us some line. The stories were long and rated on who could tell the best whooper. If you get a chance go the post 1072 and enjoy from there. Iboats became an addiction as it still is today. I am proud to be a member of a first class operation. Many are not with us today but the memories will always be here. I have missed many a name here so you old timers may have to fill in. Getn old makes us look back at the good times we had here. So few posts but quite a few years have gone by.

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
I will always remember the day I joined, it just happened to be the day that Farrah Fawcett and that other guy passed away, oh ya Michael Jackson, it is amazing to think I have been on here for that amount of time now! I miss the wit and humor of those we have lost, and I have had a tear in the corner of my eye a few times over the years!

Last edited:

Limited-Time

Vice Admiral
Planesman, Ladyfish, technoray, rubberfrog reel poor...............................

avenger79

Lieutenant Commander
tashas daddy was one I always liked

I remember most of those names you mentioned

angus63

Captain
I joined IBoats in 2002 when i boats was just getting its legs on. Many may not remember names like Derwod,Sloopy,495v,Crabait,62Kiwi,Ebbtide,SpinnerBait,MellowYellow and of course Jb. Back then Jb ruled the roost. It was quite the party back then not like now.
Once in a while the shorepatrol would put the bear on but most of the time they gave us some line. The stories were long and rated on who could tell the best whooper. If you get a chance go the post 1072 and enjoy from there. Iboats became an addiction as it still is today. I am proud to be a member of a first class operation. Many are not with us today but the memories will always be here. I have missed many a name here so you old timers may have to fill in. Getn old makes us look back at the good times we had here. So few posts but quite a few years have gone by.

I echo your sentiments. I blinked and 14 years buzzed by....

aspeck

Staff member
Pointer, Plywoody, walleyhed, and xtraham, vlad, lubedude, KaGee, one more cast (omc), jimlad, outboard jim (OBJ), Haut Medoc, Gary H NC, Homecookin', 12footer, tommays, ob, rodbolt, oops!, Kenimpzoom, Boatbouy, Kenneth Brown, Coors, Dhadley, CATransplant, JasonJ, guageguy, link (may he rest in peace), snapperbait (who finally sold his boat), rwise, carphunter, flathead, and more ... yep, names, people, friends that don't come around anymore ... Plainsman is still around a wee bit to lurk. We have stayed in touch. Reel Poor I hope to fish with this summer a time or two, so some are closer than you might think...

Tyme2fish

Commander
No Title

Tyme2fish is still alive and well, just not posting much. Still a daily reader.

Attachments

• photo243190.jpg
    photo243190.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 0

southkogs

Staff member
Tyme2fish is still alive and well, just not posting much. Still a daily reader.
I'll encourage you that it's Tyme to post some prose: I always get a kick outta' reading your tales and fibs. (Especially when I can't tell 'em apart.)

angus63

Captain
Pointer, Plywoody, walleyhed, and xtraham, vlad, lubedude, KaGee, one more cast (omc), jimlad, outboard jim (OBJ), Haut Medoc, Gary H NC, Homecookin', 12footer, tommays, ob, rodbolt, oops!, Kenimpzoom, Boatbouy, Kenneth Brown, Coors, Dhadley, CATransplant, JasonJ, guageguy, link (may he rest in peace), snapperbait (who finally sold his boat), rwise, carphunter, flathead, and more ... yep, names, people, friends that don't come around anymore ... Plainsman is still around a wee bit to lurk. We have stayed in touch. Reel Poor I hope to fish with this summer a time or two, so some are closer than you might think...
Art, DHadley single-handedly kept my old motors alive for years. All the names spark some memories...

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner
No names to add but back in they day when we could still grab each others throats, it was a more exciting place...and what a good time we could be having now.:lol:

Last edited:

Fun Times

Staff member
No names to add but back in they day when we could still grab each others throats, it was a more exciting place...and what a good time we could be having now.:lol:
I'd just like to say that with the help of many past members and moderators, we're just very lucky (& thankful) that you guys take care of yourself nowadays by knowing where the pirates plank ends before getting there.:thumb:

DECK SWABBER 58

Lieutenant Commander
I'd just like to say that with the help of many past members and moderators, we're just very lucky (& thankful) that you guys take care of yourself nowadays by knowing where the pirates plank ends before getting there.:thumb:

I got sent to the corner more then once by JB, but only banned once! Only for 48 hrs., can't remember now which mod it was, might have been Don S, rest his soul.

It was during the Deep Water Horizon disaster, we had a great informative thread going some what anchored by Jay Merrill who lived in Louisiana. Of course someone had to get too political, the mods kept warning the thread was going to be closed. The thread had gone on for quite some time before it was finally closed. Finding this story fascinating I got really upset and pm'd the idiot who basically was responsible. Needless to say my response was not at all nice and he reported me.
Yes, things seem much calmer here now although I'm just an occasional lurker. I did learn my lesson on forum etiquette though!

bonz_d

Vice Admiral
JB, Tasha'sdaddy and Spinnerbait were a few of the 1st ones I'd interacted with when I joined.

bassman284

Commander
JB, Tasha'sdaddy and Spinnerbait were a few of the 1st ones I'd interacted with when I joined.
Yup, them there guys. I miss all of them. At least we were all notified when they passed. Don S too. I sometimes think that since I don't post a whole lot, when I do my faceplant it could be months before anybody notices, if at all.

lakelover

Rear Admiral
I joined in 2003 & remember most of those names...I got a lot of good help from some of those old timers. Now I get a lot of help from a lot of the new timers! I haven't been around much lately, but I'm still alive & kickin', just redirected for now. Always appreciate how everyone gives so freely of their knowledge & experience here.