Name That Sweet Boat - MFG Mahogany Classic

Bill P

Cadet
Here's a boat I would enjoy owning...it's part of a private collection maintained by a friend of mine.

I had the opportunity to inspect it yesterday. I wanted to see if there were things on it that would help get our MFG back into original condition.

I was happy to see the original MFG "emblem" stickers still on the exterior. They're in good enough shape to reproduce by way of a digital picture and a little photoshop touch up. Then to a sign guy who can make the stickers for us.

I'll also be using the seat wood as a pattern for new wood on ours.

I have made my guess as to what year and model this is and wonder if you all end up in the same place.

Here's what may be a clue, or may just add confusion. The serial # on this boat is F9-3973. The serial # on the I-Beam under the floor of our all fiberglass model is F9-2454. What's the F9 mean?

Check out the pictures.

Attachments

• BarnBoat1Small.jpg
    BarnBoat1Small.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 4
  • BarnBoatDashSmall.jpg
    BarnBoatDashSmall.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 4
  • BarnBoatSerial#Small.jpg
    BarnBoatSerial#Small.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 4
  • BarnBoatSticker2Small.jpg
    BarnBoatSticker2Small.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 4
  • BarnBoatTransomSmall.jpg
    BarnBoatTransomSmall.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 4

woosterken

Lieutenant
Re: Name That Sweet Boat - MFG Mahogany Classic

Bill P.
you have a 1959 celoron 15' LOA

check here......http://www.fiberglassics.com/mfg/

i think the "F9" stands for june 1959
with january being " A"
feb. being "B"
and so on to "F9"

in the brochure list at the left click 1950,scroll down to 1959,click on picture,then click again it will enlarge enough to read the small print.

hope this helps

woosterken

woosterken

Lieutenant

Bill P,

as for the original sticker on the side,please if you can post a hi res picture of it.
Iam sure others on here would love to have it,to make a copy as you describe

woosterken

bhammatt

Cadet

Yes, any help with the logo would be appreciated. I've been trying to get a friend to take on the design project for some time and met with him again last week to try and push him along before he heads to Florida. He was hoping that I could come up with a good straight on photo with out angle distortion and this may help. What are the dimensions? Length and width? And the width of the band? What do you think are the true colors and are they metallic?

Thanks for any help.

woosterken

Lieutenant

i wonder if you had a good hi res picture,if you could use an ink jet printer,an print it on a sheet of bumper sticker material?

woosterken

Bill P

Cadet

i'd be happy to send hi res pics to anyone...just pm me your email address. i will be using photoshop to replicate the sticker and then getting them printed by a sign maker friend of mine. once i'm done, i'd be happy to share.

woosterken

Lieutenant

thanks Bill, PM sent

woosterken

Bill P

Cadet

I couldn't help myself...here's the first draft..still needs some tweaking but it's pretty close. I didn't have the right font to make the M exactly the same.

Attachments

• MFG Logo Ver 1.jpg
    MFG Logo Ver 1.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 0

bhammatt

Cadet

Bill P
Where on the center stringer did you find the hull number? Mine has so much corrosion that nothing seem to be showing up.

Bill P

Cadet

Bill P
Where on the center stringer did you find the hull number? Mine has so much corrosion that nothing seem to be showing up.

Please see the attached picture for location...hope this helps.

Attachments

• Serial#Inset.jpg
    Serial#Inset.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 2

amsvette

Cadet

I couldn't help myself...here's the first draft..still needs some tweaking but it's pretty close. I didn't have the right font to make the M exactly the same.
Wow, looks pretty good. I'm not sure your colors are correct. I have a 1959 MFG Celeron that is a 3 owner boat that has always been garage stored. I'b be happy to snap a picture of the decals if anyone is interested.

Bill P

Cadet

amsvette...Yes, i'd like to see some pictures of the logo on your boat. I want to get the colors right.

How about posting some pictures of the boat itself on here while you're at it? I'm wondering if it is the same boat as the one I showed to start this thread?

Also...what's your HIN? and have you ever had the floorbaords off to see if there's a HIN stamped on the aluminum beam?

Thanks - Bill

amsvette

Cadet

amsvette...Yes, i'd like to see some pictures of the logo on your boat. I want to get the colors right.

How about posting some pictures of the boat itself on here while you're at it? I'm wondering if it is the same boat as the one I showed to start this thread?

Also...what's your HIN? and have you ever had the floorbaords off to see if there's a HIN stamped on the aluminum beam?

Thanks - Bill

Bill, I just discovered this site today while on a break at a training class I'm taking for work. Would you know that I could find hardly anything about my boat when I bought it and now I've seen several just like it on this site?!

I'm going to start in introduction thread with pictures in just a moment, but here's a picture for this post.

No, I have not had the floors out. Really don't have a need to have them out yet.

Attachments

• MFG010-1.jpg
    MFG010-1.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 1

Bill P

Cadet
Rules from 7 years ago are still in effect. Please read them.

Last edited by a moderator: