My @#&^%$@ Weekend!!!!

TwoBallScrewBall

Lieutenant Commander
A friend of mine here at work asked "how was the fishing" since he knew I was supposed to go out sunday. Here is what I wrote back:<br /><br />RE: How was the fishing?<br /><br />Don't ask. Oh, you already did.<br /><br />Well first of all I pull into the gas station there (quick check where we went last weekend) to get gas before we go out and I pull around and up to a pump. I need to back up a little so I do, and then crunch. Some jackass in a little isuzu pickup pulled up behind me, and I stuck the prop into his bumper. Mashed it pretty good. Not a scratch on the boat. So we call the police and they make a report. Probably end up being my fault even though he’s the jackass that tried to squeeze into an occupied pump. <br /><br />So I finally get gas and get out on the water, with my brother in law. My 2 friends that were supposed to go and were asking me all week to go and promised they would go ended up going to a friends house in PA, getting trashed and spending the night there so I waited all morning for them and finally found out they weren’t around. You see how my day is going so far?<br /><br />When we got out there on the water I called wife to tell her boat was OK, but I got the answering machine, so I left a frantic message to the effect that “WE GOT HALF WAY OUT HERE AND THE MOTOR FELL OFF MUST HAVE BEEN DAMAGED AT GAS STATION CALL US IT'S ROUGH OUT WE'RE DRIFTING HELP” or something like that. Sure was funny when I left it…..<br /><br />She calls back 10 minutes later telling me I'm the jackass. <br /><br />Anyway, get on the water and it’s really rough. So we fish for a while and brother in law needs a lighter. We have no lighter. I don't smoke. So he calls a friend to meet him at the pier with a lighter. We pull up, get lighter, and get about 50 feet when he realizes that lighter is empty. So I called my wife (his sister) to bring him a lighter. Already in a good mood from the phone message. She gets there and he’s happy. So we then go across the bay near staten island. I get there and as soon as we stop the low oil alarm goes off. I check the tank and it's showing 16 ounces. No problem I’ll dump a gallon of oil in the tank. Sh!t. No oil. I bought 2 gallons but never put one on the boat. So I call wifey again, and ask her to bring a gallon of 2 stroke oil to the marina in Morgan we were near (about 5 miles from the house I'd say). She thinks I’m joking. I’m not. Damn Aesops Fables.... I talk her into it finally. So we make it to the marina with the low oil alarm blaring and tie up. Check tank and still 'plenty' of oil, plenty as in the motor didn't meltdown.... Wife gets lost. A couple calls and she makes it to the gas dock where we are. I get the oil. We went right home after that.<br /><br />Oh and Saturday I managed to bury a Phillips head bit on a cordless screwgun completely in my index finger. I was installing a big shelf over my TV I built, screwing it to the wall with 3” drywall screws, pushing on the drill with all my weight (had to do it lefty because of the angle) when the bit fell off the head and went right into my finger, spinning at full RPM. Best part was that the pain took that .005 seconds to kick in so the first thing I felt was the bit spinning against the bone in my finger, then the pain. Then more pain. Then some more pain. I’m typing with 7 fingers. <br /><br />Answer your question? How was your weekend?

ED21

Master Chief Petty Officer
Re: My @#&^%$@ Weekend!!!!

Stomach virus.<br />Need I say more. :(

mikeandronda

Lieutenant Commander

Dang dude I guess its all in your perspective because if you would have asked me how my weekend was I would have said boring.....and that would have been bad.....but after reading your post I have to say it was pretty darn good. No damage to my stuff, wife not irritated with me and no injuries..........Well there is alway next weekend right? :) <br /><br />(edit) Wife is always irritated with me but nothing out of the ordinary this weekend.

TwoBallScrewBall

Lieutenant Commander

Ed, I considered it, but I'm probably safer at work. :) So far so good...<br /><br />If you're saying you have a virus, sorry, hope ya feel better. My first thought was that you were thinking I should take the day off.... :D

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

Mine was 50/50.<br /><br />Saturday, had the airshow, it was great.<br /><br />Sunday went to the deer lease. <br /><br />While fishing on the pond, 8 yr old sits in chair, and it tumbles into the water. Son was fine, cell phone in the chair was not. Didnt know about cell phone in the water until we are leaving when I ask wife where the phone was. After looking everywhere I hear about the "chair incident" wife fishes in the water, finds cell phone, I grab it and make sure it finds deeper water (I need some anger managenment). :mad: <br /><br />Then while hot dogging on the dirt bike, back tire locks up, chain came off, and a chunk of the gearcase breaks off, gearbox oil pours our everywhere. :mad: <br /><br />Ken

TwoBallScrewBall

Lieutenant Commander

Ouch. Glad you didn't lose a chunk of anything else. At least my misery has a little company! ;) <br /><br />
more%20cowbell.gif
more%20cowbell.gif
more%20cowbell.gif
more%20cowbell.gif
more%20cowbell.gif
more%20cowbell.gif
<br /><br />oops thought I was in another thread. :D

KaGee

Admiral

Had to spend the weekend at the INLAWS!<br /><br />A bad day fishing is better than any day spent at the INLAWS!

ehenry

Commander

My weekend was SPACMARVELOUS ! ! ! ! Couldn't have been better. Got everything accomplished that I set out to accomplish, had the house to myself most all day. Saturday night I cooked steaks, watched the UAW-GM 500 drank entirely too many Bud Lights with the neighbor since both our spouses are out of town. It was a good weekend. <br /><br />Steve I'm sorry yours was the pits. I believe my partner that forgot his lighter would have had to just gone without hammering another nail int he coffin. I sure wouldn't have called my spouse to bring him a lighter ,that would have just added fuel to an already big fire ! ! !

ED21

Master Chief Petty Officer

Thanks. I hate wasting a weekend sick. At least at work I can keep busy & keep my mind off it.<br />At work you can stay out of trouble & pay off damage. ;)

sangerwaker

Commander

Mine was 50/50. It was my b-day last Tuesday, and we cooked an awesome dinner Saturday night. Got most of my projects done Saturday afternoon. Rebuilt the water pump on my motor, cleaned the boat a little, changed oil in the truck. Bought new furniture Sunday, but had to spend the rest of the day cleaning the house for my family to come over last night.

TwoBallScrewBall

Lieutenant Commander

It was my brother in law's birtday so I cut him a break. :) <br /><br />Good news is that I'm injured but the shelf my wife has been breaking my balls about for too long is done. Boat runs great, no damage. Insurance will cover the accident if and when the guy comes to me for damages. Could be worse. :)

brother chris

Commander

The weekend was good for us here. <br />First we took my Chevy S-10 and tied a rope up to a barn and leveled it to the ground. That was cool.<br />Then we had a huge fire with lots of people and a large BBQ. Well, the BBQ we had did not work, so I brought my BBQ over, but the propane connection fell off of it on the way over and couldn't find it. <br />So here we are, 20 of us, and no BBQ that works. <br />So instead of any of us eating, my friend threw about 10 cans of spray paint in the fire and we had a nice fireworks display. <br />The following day(Sunday) we finally got to cook all the beef we had for the BBQ. <br />Played video games all day too, but no boating/fishing. <br />Overall, a good weekend and lots of medium rare dead cow. <br />Sounds like Winger Ed and Hooty had a good time. :eek: See stupid human tricks whilst boating

ehenry

Commander

Damn Brother Chris.....sounds like you had one of those "HEY YALL ! ! WATCH THIS ! !" weekends !

Fly Rod

Commander

:) My week-end was excellent!!!! didn't have to wait for any family or friends to go fishing!!! Took my time grabbed the fly rod and didn't have anybody tell me what time we had to be back at the dock!!!<br /><br />Sorry about yours!!!!<br /><br />My policy to people that ask to go fishing with me is for them to call me!!! Most of the time they don't and that is great!!!! And when they do call I tell them that I have a 15 minute wait period at the dock!!! Left one of my best friends behind for being late!!! ;) :cool:

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

I can say the weekend was lousey...<br /><br />But I have to go back to last monday.. :( <br /><br /> I had a lifelong friend, as close as family, pass away on the operating table monday morning after a series of heart attacks and bypass operations.. :( Services durring the week, spending time with her family, and a funeral on friday.. :( <br /><br />Saturday I needed to get away for a while, so I took the little boat out for a few hours of fishing on saturday afternoon/evening.. Everything was fine untill all the guts of my 60hp merc's lower unit (carrier, gears, shaft, prop, ect.) fell out :eek: , now serving as an artificial reef... :( Good thing i was close enuff to the ramp to use the trolling motor to get back..<br /><br />Sunday was'nt bad, I guess.. Nobody died unexpectedly, and nothing expensive broke... Did go fishing with my bud sunday am.. Nasty conditions, seasick buddy, and no fish..<br /><br />Yep. I can say i'm glad it's monday.. :cool:

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Some tragic tales here. Here is mine.<br />We got a new sat dish installed a few weeks ago, to pick up local channels in addition to direcTV programmin...But the installer said a tree was in the way of the local bird, which was lower on the horizon. I got him to point-out which tree was in the way, and instructed him to aim it and leave it. Due to the location of this tree, it had to fall south,so as not to land on the house, pump, shed, ect. So I waited for the first cold front, which changed the wind direction out of the north, to assure it would fall right.That day was yesterday.<br />So after church, I cranked up the new chainsaw, and went to cut the tree. No problem, after I cleared the poison ivy from the base enough to be able create a clear escape route.<br />I went in and checked the pic....No improvement. So I cut the next one to the right down. These were 8" and 10" slash pines, 70ft and 90feet tall.<br />No improvement.<br />Now I'm angry. I clear the area around the nearest tree to the right, and go to cutting. I ran out of fuel about the same time I got the initial 45degree notch done. Filled it up, and cut the crosscut...I went a bit too deep,and bound the saw. "No problem. I'll just go get my prybar, and get it free". As I came around the corner with the bar, I hear a "CRACK!" I look up, and see the tree going. So I stood clear. It fell the right way, but the saw fell out first. Then the tree landed on it....Sniff....totalled the brand new saw. I only got 13 trees down with it before squishing it. I'm heartbroke over here.<br /><br />Oh wow, Snapperbait, I just read yours....I'm sorry for your loss, man.

Homerr

Commander

WOW...<br /><br />That's almost worthy of a Darwin Award!<br />(At least a runner up)<br /><br />I've had days like that when you KNEW you should have just stayed in bed.<br /><br />My weekend? Boring as usual.<br />Deer hunting (black tail deer) around here is terrible, and the elk hunt is current on.<br /><br />I don't do elk hunting around here anymore. People around here loose their minds when elk season comes. Too many idiots!<br /><br />The last time I went elk hunting, we had an airplane circling DURING season looking for elk and calling down to their friends on the ground with radios. The airplane was also dropping sacks of flour to scare the elk toward their ground crew.<br /><br />This activity, along with the truckload of drunk hunters with guns poked out of every window... 'Nuff for me!<br /><br />Also, we just recently had a plane go down with some teenagers in it while looking for elk.<br />I'm not 100% about the laws, but I'm pretty sure that's illegal to look for game like that either during or before season.<br /><br /><br />H.

TwoBallScrewBall

Lieutenant Commander

note to self, make a friend with an airplane..... :D :D :D <br /><br />
we had an airplane circling DURING season looking for elk and calling down to their friends on the ground with radios

Homerr

Commander

I actually do have a friend at work with a pilot license. I never asked him to take us up since I think looking for game like that is illegal.<br /><br />Maybe calling it sight-seeing or?<br /><br />H.