My turn to rant

dolluper

Captain
Re: My turn to rant

Are they gonna throw a sthant in the vein, my ole maw had a blockage in her kidney plumming and that's what they used. She's running 100% now.<br />Hope you get the same result SBN....<br />Anytime set up yet???

aspeck

Staff member

Why do you think they call it a practice? They are practicing medicine. Gotta keep practicing till they get it right!<br /><br />Glad they are getting it right with you now!

byordy

Petty Officer 2nd Class

SBN,<br />Now that you have to different opinions, how are you going to choose between them? The treatment that you want, or another expert opinion?<br />With all due respect I find your "doctor" reference offensive.<br />Bill...

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Thanks all. I think I will get one more opnion before I make the decision on what to do.<br /><br />byordy, there is a big difference between a valve and a vein and if these "doctors" could not see this in the dye tests, x-rays, etc, something is wrong with these "doctors"

D

DJ

SBN,<br /><br />Get those opinions.<br /><br />The stint is NOT without risk. But, nothing else is, either.<br /><br />COUNT on my support and prayers.

Elmer Fudge

Lieutenant Commander

Spinner please get another opinion, the second doctor could be correct in his diagnosis,however another opinion won't hurt any.<br />Keep us updated, we really do care even though some of us may seem to be indifferent to your situation, i'm certain its only in jest.

byordy

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Good decision Spinner. We all need to be more proactive in our personal health care. You'll be in my prayers.<br />I find derogatory comments against professionals in general offensive. I feel as a non- professional in that particular field we are not equipped to judge. That's why it's so important to get that second and third opinion. I have some experience in this matter; we almost lost my mother-in-law to a misdiagonsis several years ago. My wife became very proactive and my mother-in-law has recovered. I do understand your distress at not being able to acheive a single definitive answer, but the body is more complicated than even an E-tech. <br />Bill...

Realgun

Commander

Spinner basically they want to thread a ballon catheter though your grion vein all the way to the heart and into the vein thats small. Then they inflate the balloon and it makes the vein bigger.<br /><br />Hope that helps.

Drowned Rat

Captain

Do some research for yourself before agreeing to any procedure. There's more than one way to skin a cat and every doctor has their favorite. First of all, if they told you it was a vein leading away from the aorta, they aren't being truthful. There are no veins leading away from the aorta, only arteries. Be very sceptical of angioplasty and stents, they are temporary and perform marginally at best. Ask a surgeon what he would do. Or better yet, ask a cardiologist what he would want done to himself. A CABG (Coronary artery bypass graft) is the wave of the future and is much more likely to perform trouble free for years to come. Angioplasty and stents are temporary "cheap" fixes and you'll be back in one to two years for another. Just a thought. Good luck Spinner. :)