My Retirement Project

jpmurphy

Petty Officer 1st Class
The resto on the boat is 99% finished and now I am repainting the motor.
I'll post these in the rebuild section when I'm finished so everything is together.

This is a 1984 elect/long/remote 25hp EVINRUDE with a Johnson cover. I was lucky in that the cover was in really good shape. All I had to do to prep was clean the cover well, lightly sand the entire cover with 240 grit paper, feather out what few small dings I had, tape and paint. I didn't need to primer the cover, so we skipped that step of the prep. I went straight to Duplica Color gloss White spray paint. We did 3 complete coats without sanding between coats. The next couple of coats will be sanded between each one so I get a good finished appearance. The rest of the motor will require primer as there are spots where I have sanded down to bare metal. I'll be using Zinc Chromate primer and Evinrude Grey paint.

After I put the decals on the motor cover, I will seal with a clear coat to keep the decals from pulling up at the corners. Everything I am doing here I have pulled the info for from these forums. More to come...:p

Attachments

• Engine Repainting 001.jpg
    Engine Repainting 001.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 0
  • Engine Repainting 003.jpg
    Engine Repainting 003.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 0
  • Engine Repainting 004.jpg
    Engine Repainting 004.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 0
  • Engine Repainting 002.jpg
    Engine Repainting 002.jpg