My new dog

matthews_jim

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: My new dog

Dog's name: Ranger.<br /><br />Many years ago I build Malibu fishing boats for Dixie Fiberglass. Small rolled gunnel fishing boats; 12 to 15 feet. Malibu didn't sound right for a dog and as a boy had a cocker span. named Dixie. One of the owners was also the sales rep. for Ranger Bass Boats. Ranger sounded like a good name for a dog that related to boats or fishing.

Carphunter

Commander

Originally posted by Tylerin;<br />The guy who helps me train my labs insists on one syllable.
I'm sure he took one look at the owner and thought, "I better keep it simple". ;) <br /><br />I was always partial to the name "Dog".

neumanns

Lieutenant Commander

I usually wait and see if they will name themselves also. Many times you will get a name that is very appropriate this way. If not try Bear or Trixie, I'm leaning towards Bear :D

LadyFish

Admiral

"Java" that's the name of our best friend's dog and he's a black lab. One of the smartest dogs I ever met and a superb hunting dog too :) .

kd6nem

Chief Petty Officer

Duke. Had a friend who had the greatest black lab. The name reminds me of the "Duke", John Wayne. He wasn't Texan but he played a good one in the movies, IMO. Always loyal to country, and labs are loyal. My Black Lab is Buddy, but there are too many Buddys around nowadays.

JoeW

Senior Chief Petty Officer

My yellow lab's name is Jack! He's 2 yrs old now and 92 lbs. He's a great dog, but hard to get out of the water. Took him to the beach a couple a weeks ago and he jumped right into the surf without hesitation. I thought he'd pull me in too before I got his lesh off.

SoulWinner

Commander

Nathan,<br /><br />Just give him a few days, and watch him. He'll let you know the perfect name for him.

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

My kids named my current dog Dusty; I gave him his full name: Dusty Crockett, King of the Wild Frontier. Sometimes I call him Dusty Evsky, or just Buddy. <br /><br />I would suggest something like Colonel, Captain, or maybe even Senator.<br /><br />jtw

BrianFD

Senior Chief Petty Officer

My Box-ador (lab/boxer mix....at least that's what we've decided what we THINK he is) is black & brindle, named Brutus (as in 'Brutus Buckeye' (GO BUCKS!!)). The alternative name I had for him was "Dog". Always thought it would be cool to have a dog named "Dog" and a cat named "Cat".

SoulWinner

Commander

Had a Boxer female once named Ms. Kitty. She was beautiful and all Boxer. Folks who are afraid of bulldogs freaked that her name was Kitty, but she really was a sweet little kitty of a dawg, she named herself perfectly.<br /><br />Also, I am real interested in this BARF Diet, so rabbit, if this isn't a joke, please post more on subject. Our puppy of choice now rotty, and we have already had one with real diet related problems (she died at two years old). Our remaining rotty is wanting to carry some extra pounds. Mr Bigglesworth (our Miniature Manchester) is too active to get fat for now, but I am concerned about Precious.

Link

Rear Admiral

SBN<br />
Hey watch it buddy. There's nothing wrong with being from Kentucky. <br />
Your right Far from :D <br />Boomyal: Pretty gal you have there<br /><br />Rabbit please do make a seperate post on the food.<br />Our two dogs Doby/Hound and Golden Lab/Great Dane mixes both weighed in at 120 lbs. Both lived to 16 years with no hip or joint problems.<br /><br />They also ate raw veggies everyday. dont know if that helped or not.<br /><br />Nathan I wait a bit and she what kind of Lab Moments he has before giving him a name :)

Dunaruna

Admiral

18rabbit, <br /><br />If you are having trouble posting the diet (copyrights?) I have a web site I can post - no copyright issues. Just let me know.<br /><br />Aldo

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

howdy Nate,<br />let's see... big , heavy, black and loves the water?<br />why MERC of course ;)

Formula1974

Petty Officer 1st Class

I got my black lab when I was small He would have been 19 years old this year. He died last summer. His name was champ. Maybe it was a lucky name as he lived so long. He had a nicotine habbit. both my parents smoked and he would steal the ashtrays and suck on the butts until they looked like new. Maybe thats why he lasted so long. Man I miss that dog.

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

Wonder if Nate's ever gonna tell us what he named his new buddy?? :confused:

outboardguy

Petty Officer 1st Class

I'm with mellowyellow,Merc or Mercury would be great.My friend had a black dog that he named Spooky, I thought it fit well.