My "new" 94 Stinger

Shadowfax

Cadet
Hello all,
Just purchased a 94 Stinger for $750. It's been sitting, uncovered, under trees for maybe 3 years. The previous owner said is runs, but has just been sitting. I didn't see it turn over prior to purchase (I know...probably dumb, but the guy seems to be an honest guy, and my gut feeling is he wouldn't screw me.)
It will need new interior vinyl, and some electrical tlc. Hull is in good shape with only one bad spot that will have to be resurfaced, but it's still watertight. Couldn't get it to turn over, and traced current to starter. Took off the starter this morning (a story in itself!) and it's in terrible shape. Water has been in it and corrosion is everywhere. One of the brush spring clips is broken, and the wiring is brittle. I found a replacement starter at DB Electrical which says it's for a OMC 3.0 for only $57.00. Any input on whether this is a bolt on replacement? I turned the motor over with a screwdriver on the flywheel with the plugs removed, and it seems to turn over freely.
I'm looking to restore this boat to as near showroom as possible over the next year or so. Just looking for input from other owners, or anyone knowledgeable in this boat.
Great site for boat owners, and I'm looking forward to some quality keyboard time with everyone.
Thanks in advance for any input you folks want to give.

Attachments

• hummingbird 007.jpg
    hummingbird 007.jpg
    148.5 KB · Views: 0
  • hummingbird 008.jpg
    hummingbird 008.jpg
    142.8 KB · Views: 0