My motor starts in Gear too!!!

Livewire

Seaman
Thread starter
Joined
Jun 9, 2010
Messages
54
In reading another post, it stated that the neutral safety switch is on the shifter. As I poke around working (I say that I am working, tinkering as my wife would say, but if you sweat, it's working) I have noticed a couple of wires (not more than 4 different) that have been stripped back for testing one time or another. The boat is a 94 Stratos 201 Pro XL (does anyone have an owner?s manual?) with a 1988 Johnson GT 200; I bought on May 10th this year, in my attempt to make this thing run like a brand new boat and motor you may have been reading about my other problems; Now for the next adventure:eek: or maybe just a question?
How much wiring is involved to just rewire the motor back to the helm???
As I see it, there is the following:
Trim-Up & Down wires 2 wires
Key on, and Starter Solenoid & Primer Solenoid 3 wires
Tach, and Alternator & Horn 2 wires
Kill Switch, Warning Horn. 2 wires
I am assuming that the ground wires are shared
Have I missed anything?

I have Clymers:redface: (which I have been told is trash:), and have ordered the service manual, just waiting for it to show up)

tashasdaddy:

I would still like to be a ?FLY? on your wall while you are reading this, I am betting that you are laughing you?re a## off or just shaking your head thinking ?man, no wonder I have over 50k in responses to this forum??:D
 
Top