My friend's trailer lights

Tyme2fish

Commander
My fishing buddy stores his 25 ft. pontoon and trailer on my property. He finally decided to fix his trailer lights and bought the led light kit. He didn't spring for the extra money for mounting brackets so he just zip tied the lights to the trailer.

But back to the subject. He hooks up the wires and has running lights and left turn and brake lights. He had no right turn or brake light. His comment was , "Well it's more than I had before. That's good enough.":confused:

I couldn't let him just stop there, so I got my circuit tester out and discovered that there was no power to the right side brake/turn. He was still satisfied with what he had as he didn't want to trace the wires all along the pontoon trailer frame.

I went to the flat 4 wire plug in front and quickly found the problem. A wire was chafed and cut!!! :eek:
I spliced the wire and now he has fully functioning trailer lamps.:)

I credit all the folks here at iboats with giving me some knowledge over the years with light issues.

HAV2FISH

Chief Petty Officer
Re: My friend's trailer lights

Thank you for not letting him out on the road with lights that malfunction. Unknowingly that could have saved someones life. Thanks