My First StarCraft; 1975 18' SuperSport

laurentide

Lieutenant Commander
Awesome CC! Now you just need to raise the garage door heights so you can get your cabin boats in there...the ceiling is plenty high :D. Congrats!

g0nef1sshn

Lieutenant
saw recently someone used pool noodles from keeping the hers side of the cave from damaging the his side of things :D

jbcurt00

Staff member
Congrats on the pending new hanger and house....

I know a guy that has done lots of hardwood flooring, whose recently separated from his full-time gig and his part-time teaching gig is over until fall. But it's too long of a commute from WV :facepalm:

Good luck

classiccat

"Captain" + Starmada Splash Of The Year 2020
Congrats on the pending new hanger and house....

I know a guy that has done lots of hardwood flooring, whose recently separated from his full-time gig and his part-time teaching gig is over until fall. But it's too long of a commute from WV :facepalm:

Good luck

Thanks jb! Only 5 more weeks of commuting (roughly 5000 miles)!!!! :peace:

I played the job down to the Admiral when we were being shown the house...probably said something stupid like, "Yeah, i can whip those floors out in a weekend" because I wanted the hanger ....er I mean house! Now I gotta put my saw & floor-nailer where my mouth is! :eek:

(and if anyone knows my project work-pace...it's the mob :lol: :facepalm:)

MNhunter1

Ensign
saw recently someone used pool noodles from keeping the hers side of the cave from damaging the his side of things :D

I've got about 97 more if you need any. Just added some notches to fit the clecos holding on the gunnels today actually 😄

classiccat

Happy Fathers Day fellas!

I figure that I've replaced/added nearly 1000 rivets on my SS.

I expected it to be raining under the trailer during the initial leak-check (pre-gluv-it).

to my pleasant surprise, I have 1 section of the bow-seam seeping:

and only 3 random rib rivets:

I put in enough water to cover the double-seam rivet...and this area has the worst seepage. I'm not surprised since I really rocked the double-seams while adding those spray-rail braces.

All of the areas are marked with crayon. After some re-bucking, and good dose of gluvit (once I get settled in my new place), she should be buttoned-up pretty tight. I plan on hitting the outer-opening of the double-seam with sealing epoxy (either gluvit or g-flex) when I have it flipped for bottom painting.

Absolutely stoked with my SS's Father's day gift! :)

Thanks for stoppin' by!! :yo:

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
That dang bow seam, it's a tough cookie to seal up 100%. I like the idea of using some epoxy on the outside of the keel plate.

Fathers day SS present? New garage I'm thinking. :D

classiccat

That dang bow seam, it's a tough cookie to seal up 100%. I like the idea of using some epoxy on the outside of the keel plate.

Fathers day SS present? New garage I'm thinking. :D

Ha. Not yet. Mid July is the closing on the new hanger....er I mean house :p

The boat's gift to me is only leaking a few drops rather than an all-out torrent :lol:

dozerII

Admiral
Happy father's day back at ya Cc. Good new on the leak situation. Good luck with getting settled in to the new hanger er I mean house

classiccat

Happy father's day back at ya Cc. Good new on the leak situation. Good luck with getting settled in to the new hanger er I mean house

Thanks Glen!

I cannot wait to be in project-mode again!!

The leak test confirms that we'll be in assembly - mode rather than head-scratch-mode sooner than later!!! :)

classiccat

Mechanics - Schmechanics :mad:

A few weeks back, my driver's side leaf spring shackle on my '01 silverado popped resulting in the truck listing with the leaf-spring pounding on the bottom of the bed!

In a pinch with having to commute with our car & the admiral driving the silverado around the homestead...carting my daughter too/from school, I was left with no choice but swallow my pride and have a mechanic fix the broken shackle...to the tune of $250.

Knowing that I have some towing to do in a few weeks, I tackled the passenger side before it gives up the ghost.

a few squirts of penetrating oil...some heat...and off comes the hitch assembly & eventually the shackle. The riveting hammer & some jack maneuvering enabled me to remove the old parts without having to burn / cut anything! :thumb:

on its last leg!

new shackle

...and then it hit me...I was the 1st person to ever remove those 8 hitch bolts...

...so how the heck did the mechanic get the old shackle out without pulling the hitch??

The hacks actually cut a section out of my hitch assembly!

Luckily I had some stock laying around so I welded-in a new piece to bridge the assembly.

Once again I'm reminded why I do my own repairs!

jbcurt00

Staff member
Who in there right mind would think cutting the hitch assembly was either a good plan or safe?

NICE catch

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
Jeez, think I would stop by and ask for them to give me a new hitch assembly or at least raise a stink over it. Good thing you didn't have the doofus replace both shackles, next time you towed something may have been the final ride for it.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
I'm surprised the butcher, because he is no mechanic. didn't cut a hole in the bed to reach the top of the shackle. I would be screaming for a partial refund.

classiccat

Thanks for sharing my frustration guys!

If the owner of the shop is an aerosol, he would've had a not-so-nice voicemail ...because I'm 100 miles away when his shop opens and closes :lol: He is actually a good guy ...plus I have enough carpolla on the plate at the moment.

classiccat

Some good news for my mob brothers...we're finally moved-in to the new house! My 90min commute driving 79mph has been reduced to 18min driving 35mph!

One of the many ill side effects of multiple life stressors is that my tow vehicle has become long overdue for some TLC. Luckily the hanger is big enough for the big chevy on jack-stands!

All new rotors, pads, park-brake shoes and dust-shields:

And I'm in the middle of replacing the front d/s u-joints & new smurf juice in the xfer case.

unfortunately the good people at napa gave me the wrong size u-joints...and I didn't realize it until AFTER I grenaded 2 bearing caps!

Almost there folks! Once we get the old chevy squared away and the hanger sorted-out, I'll be working with my favorite metal again!

Thanks for hangin' with me & Thanks for stoppin' by!
:yo: