My first aluminum boat - need help identifying make

Max@Atl

Recruit
Hello folks, Newbie here.
I picked up this boat (my first boat - very excited!) few weeks ago but no idea what the make is. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I tried to do some research in the internet but not conclusive. The closest I can guess is may be a feathercraft?:confused:

Attachments

• boat1.JPG
    boat1.JPG
    44.3 KB · Views: 0
  • boat2.JPG
    boat2.JPG
    34.4 KB · Views: 0
  • boat3.JPG
    boat3.JPG
    33.1 KB · Views: 0

1973Chieftain

Lieutenant
Re: My first aluminum boat - need help identifying make

Welcome aboard Max! Is that transom all wood like it looks or is there aluminum in there as well? Also, could you take a close ip picture of the bow handle? That will help with IDing her!

Max@Atl

Recruit

Welcome aboard Max! Is that transom all wood like it looks or is there aluminum in there as well? Also, could you take a close ip picture of the bow handle? That will help with IDing her!

Thank you. The guy I bought it from told me he replaced the transom by sandwiching the aluminum sheet between two pieces of looks like marine grade plywood. I'll take a picture of the bow handle and post it shortly.

Max@Atl

Recruit

Here is additional pics. Thanks for the help.

Attachments

• boat7.jpg
    boat7.jpg
    142.1 KB · Views: 0
  • boat8.jpg
    boat8.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 0
  • boat6.jpg
    boat6.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 0

1973Chieftain

Lieutenant

Thats a very unique stern! The boat does not look much like a Feathercraft or any Starcrafts I've seen. Id suggest looking around on www.fiberglassics.com as they have tons of info on old boats. Id also suggest www.ultimate.com/Aerocraft-boats as it looks similar to some Aerocrafts I've seen pictures of.

Max@Atl

Recruit

Thats a very unique stern! The boat does not look much like a Feathercraft or any Starcrafts I've seen. Id suggest looking around on www.fiberglassics.com as they have tons of info on old boats. Id also suggest www.ultimate.com/Aerocraft-boats as it looks similar to some Aerocrafts I've seen pictures of.

Thanks very much. I'll try the links you provided.

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

Hello folks, Newbie here.
I picked up this boat (my first boat - very excited!) few weeks ago but no idea what the make is. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I tried to do some research in the internet but not conclusive. The closest I can guess is may be a feathercraft?:confused:

Someone took nice care of that boat. You might be is a situation where the original manufacturer is never found out. I would not let it concern you too much and you can hang out with the tinny lovers here on iboats :)

The real questions are:

Can you register the boat (Have the proper paperwork)?
It looks to be a 14' boat - do you have a motor? A nice 15-18 HP will have it flying along.

Best of luck with it.

If it is a pre 1974 boat (which I suspect) then be advised there may not be a HIN on the boat.

Max@Atl

Recruit

Someone took nice care of that boat. You might be is a situation where the original manufacturer is never found out. I would not let it concern you too much and you can hang out with the tinny lovers here on iboats :)

The real questions are:

Can you register the boat (Have the proper paperwork)?
It looks to be a 14' boat - do you have a motor? A nice 15-18 HP will have it flying along.

Best of luck with it.

If it is a pre 1974 boat (which I suspect) then be advised there may not be a HIN on the boat.

Thank you. I have A bill of sale i should be able to register with, and you are right as i have not been able to find the HIN.

I just bought a Johnson 15hp 2 stroke. Took the boat to the lake yesterday and after providing some free amuzement lauching the boat (as i have no clue what i am doing) was able to test it. I confirm that it flies with that little Johnson. The bow gets too high though, i may have to put some weight there (preferebly a super model-wait that might not work).

Noticed a small leak (?) though, about two cups over two hours. I think it is the seams at the bow area. I really enjoyed it. Can wait to take it to FL backwaters/flats for redfish and spotted trout!

Texasmark

Supreme Mariner

What difference does it make who made it? If you had a 50' Yacht and were in need of some particulars to answer a performance or maintenance problem, with all the associated systems, then so be it. For a 14' alum. boat big deal......

Mark