My Brand New, Brand New Boat!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

1980Coronado

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: My Brand New, Brand New Boat!!!

I agree...Wet Dream = overused...Cliche.

Call it "Fine Print"......Warranty reference

How about: Knot-A-Lemon.....I can't do any better than that man..

Nauti-Lemon

Lemonade....life handed you lemons...you made Lemonade.....It's yellow

common work with me here

1980Coronado

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Ok...Rebel Yell-O works.....but you have to blast Billy Idol on the stereo after the break-in...the first time you get to drop the hammer..

Ob1415

Seaman

Nice looking boat, congratulations on your purchase. I am actually in the market for a boat exactly like yours. Found this thread during a google search. Your dealer is fairly close to me, and has one listed (2011 yellow GT 205). Do you think this could be the boat that you returned? Do you know what they did with the returned boat?

Congratulations, again. I hope you do not mind that I have contacted you.

Unless they have that boat listed in their used inventory, it would not be the same boat. I am assuming that they were going to try to re-sell that boat after they repair the electrical issues, but it would have to be sold as used since it had been previously titled. They usually have at least one of each color on hand, in the factory shrink wrap. They didn't have another yellow at the time they replaced mine, so had order one in.

All issues aside, I am still very pleased at the level of customer service I received. They really went above and beyond what any other dealer would ever do. And when things got worse, they stepped up and made everything right. Give them a visit, ask for Robert in sales or talk to Rick who is the Manager. Great bunch of guys and gals.

steveclv

Petty Officer 1st Class

Look what Daddy bought me :)

13169776.2005.Outerlimits.Offshore.Powerboats.Fifty.One.jpg

I WISH!!!

Actually we have the Poker Run this weekend and 132 offshore boats are already registered including last years 186mph winner. Gonna be a lot of fun in my 27 year old 19' Bayliner hahahaha

OP Nice boat by the way - very sharp!

Fjandy

Seaman

I'm new here but I thought the only bad juju from boat names was renaming not reusing a name. Maybe I'm wrong.

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner

Not sure I would name a yellow boat "Wet Dream"...just sayin'

infideltarget

Master Chief Petty Officer

I was thinkin' "Glas Whole" would have been a good name for this one...you know...since Glastron made you Whole. :D

not enuf toys

Chief Petty Officer

well headaches aside, you did good!

on a side note, if you forget where your back yard is and i find it in mine, finders keepers!!!

LibertyBoat

Cadet

Unless they have that boat listed in their used inventory, it would not be the same boat. I am assuming that they were going to try to re-sell that boat after they repair the electrical issues, but it would have to be sold as used since it had been previously titled. They usually have at least one of each color on hand, in the factory shrink wrap. They didn't have another yellow at the time they replaced mine, so had order one in.

All issues aside, I am still very pleased at the level of customer service I received. They really went above and beyond what any other dealer would ever do. And when things got worse, they stepped up and made everything right. Give them a visit, ask for Robert in sales or talk to Rick who is the Manager. Great bunch of guys and gals.

Do you have the HIN # on the previous boat? I just want to cover my bases. FYI, I am a middle age female, fiscally conservative, professionally very successful, & very nonjudgmental. I dislike the name "WD" very much. I like your other choices much better. But the "WD" name is a turn off. If you are single (I am not, have been married for 3 decades), I wouldn't put that name on a boat if you want to attract chicks. If you are married, cannot image that name would flatter your wife. All of this sent with the best intentions so please do not get offended. Just trying to give a mature female's perspective. :) Plus, as many have said, it is overused. Unique names are the best!

infideltarget

Do you have the HIN # on the previous boat? I just want to cover my bases. FYI, I am a middle age female, fiscally conservative, professionally very successful, & very nonjudgmental. I dislike the name "WD" very much. I like your other choices much better. But the "WD" name is a turn off. If you are single (I am not, have been married for 3 decades), I wouldn't put that name on a boat if you want to attract chicks. If you are married, cannot image that name would flatter your wife. All of this sent with the best intentions so please do not get offended. Just trying to give a mature female's perspective. :) Plus, as many have said, it is overused. Unique names are the best!

And one of the other threads going right now, his boat is named "Sweet Dreams"...his mature, female, and obviously married, wife wanted him to remove an "S" and an "E" from "Sweet", to make it that very name you hated. Just sayin...

sschefer

Rear Admiral

Mark 3:11 which can be written MK III-II

"And whenever those possessed by evil spirits caught sight of him, they would fall down in front of him shrieking, 'You are the Son of God!'"

That would cure the curse...

ultra_1968

Seaman Apprentice

I think that Rebel Yell-O is a very creative name! I did come up with a pseudo replacement name for wet dream for you...NAUTICAL EMMISIONS. The medical name for a wet dream is Nocturnal Emission(s). That's it, I'm done being creative tonight.

LibertyBoat

Cadet

And one of the other threads going right now, his boat is named "Sweet Dreams"...his mature, female, and obviously married, wife wanted him to remove an "S" and an "E" from "Sweet", to make it that very name you hated. Just sayin...

infideltarget, if you are going to quote me, at least do it correctly. :) I seldom, if ever, use the term "hate". My exact statement was: "I dislike the name "WD" very much." Now back to my original question to the OP of this thread: do you still happen to know the HIN of the former boat? Thank you for your help, and hope you are enjoying your replacement. BTY, liked Rebel YELL-O. Happy and safe boating!

infideltarget

infideltarget, if you are going to quote me, at least do it correctly. :) I seldom, if ever, use the term "hate". My exact statement was: "I dislike the name "WD" very much." Now back to my original question to the OP of this thread: do you still happen to know the HIN of the former boat? Thank you for your help, and hope you are enjoying your replacement. BTY, liked Rebel YELL-O. Happy and safe boating!

:facepalm: :rolleyes:

LibertyBoat

Cadet

:facepalm: :rolleyes:

:) infideltarget, be safe over there (I believe I read you are deployed). Our son and only child completed three tours to the promised land with the USMC, and left in August at the conclusion of his 2nd enlistment. As I used to say to him, "Keep your head down!" Thank you for your service to our country. My family appreciates your sacrifice very much.
Semper Fi! Kind regards, Devil Dawg Mom

Home Cookin'

Fleet Admiral

Having daughters, I would not want to have to explain the name WD to them when they are little, or watch them drive off with it plastered on their stern in their teens.

Satchel Paige said, "A man can't help being born poor, but no man has to be common."

Smuggler's Blues

Petty Officer 2nd Class

She is absolutely beautiful. FWIW I like the name you chose. Just wondering, were you looking at her and the name just popped into your head? If so sounds like she helped you choose that particular name. I personally think it is great.

V153

Lieutenant Commander

Glad you got things hammered out with the dealer. Nice looking boat. I'm a Glastron fan too but fonder of the older Glastron/Carlsons. No offense!

Name's cool too. I like it. And not to criticize but I'd leave it at Rebel YellO, or Rebel Yell O. Hyphenating it just makes it easier for stupid people to figure out?

Jayb123

Chief Petty Officer

May I add... thats one SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET boat :D

Status
Not open for further replies.