My Brand New, Brand New Boat!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ob1415

Seaman
After the big debachle with the "Other Boat", I came home today to find this beauty sitting in my back yard! All the electrical seems to be working just fine. Can't wait to get her out on the water!!!

IMG_0806.jpg

IMG_0807.jpg

blifsey

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: My Brand New, Brand New Boat!!!

Looks sharp! Hope it works perfect for you and you get MANY YEARS of enjoyment from it.

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

WOW! That is sharp!

tswiczko

Master Chief Petty Officer

NICE

Glad it worked out well. That sure is a nice ride

jeepnsam

Petty Officer 2nd Class

WOW!!! that's nice.
I just checked my back yard just in case and NADA!! just grass and puppy poop that I need to pick up OH DARN!

Ob1415

Seaman

Thanks!

Question: Given the circumstances behind the last boat, would it be bad luck to keep the name I chose for the other boat for this one (Wet Dream)?

wingmastr23

Petty Officer 1st Class

Thanks!

Question: Given the circumstances behind the last boat, would it be bad luck to keep the name I chose for the other boat for this one (Wet Dream)?

Absolutely......I would run from that name......the boat in the backyard is BEGGING you not to curse it with that name!!!

Pick a new one.....

Stachi

Lieutenant Commander

call it REDEMPTION

Ob1415

Seaman

What if I never officially put the name on the other boat. In all fairness, due to all of the problems with the other boat, and being that it was already yellow, I started referring to it as "The Lemon" and/or "The Floating Terd" :)

I still like The Wet Dream, but definitely don't want to bring bad luck upon this shiny new baby.

produceguy

Lieutenant Junior Grade

WOW!!! that's nice.
I just checked my back yard just in case and NADA!! just grass and puppy poop that I need to pick up OH DARN!

I checked too and nothing.

Very nice boat.

LippCJ7

Vice Admiral

Thats a sweet looking boat Ob!!

Beefer

Lieutenant Commander

To ward off the bad luck spirits, and seeing as the boat is yellow, how about 'No Bananas'?

Awesome looking boat, and I think those seats are way cool!

p.s. - if you want to have 'turd' in the name, how about "Sea Turdle'?

jamiemac74

Seaman

WOW!!! that's nice.

Crap!!!!! I just checked my back yard, heck even my neighbors... Nope no such luck.... But WOW!!!! Thats a awesome bost you got right there.... But one question, where did it come from? Maybe a stupid question. Someone suprise you with it or what...

Frank Acampora

Supreme Mariner

Not dissing you BUT: Yeah, you like the name "Wet Dream" but it is trite and overused. Everybody and their uncle likes that play on words. Try and find something a little more cerebral please.

And no, if, for example, your wife's name is Emily Ford, "Miss Em Effer" will not do! I was 16 and a callow fellow when I used that name. Thought it was hot.

Ob1415

Seaman

To ward off the bad luck spirits, and seeing as the boat is yellow, how about 'No Bananas'?

Awesome looking boat, and I think those seats are way cool!

p.s. - if you want to have 'turd' in the name, how about "Sea Turdle'?

No, Sir. I don't want a turd anywhere in the name of this boat :)

To summarize, I bought this exact boat, brand new, 4 weeks ago, during which time it had to have the motor replaced and was in the shop several times for electrical "gremlins", before it finally got fried when the dealer decided to hard wire the stereo. I demanded a new boat or my $ back, and they opted to give me another brand new boat. The old boat was the Turd, not this one :)

LippCJ7

Vice Admiral

Why not "Another Wet Dream"

Sort of the same but different and it shouldn't upset the boat Gods either?

Ob1415

Seaman

Not dissing you BUT: Yeah, you like the name "Wet Dream" but it is trite and overused. Everybody and their uncle likes that play on words. Try and find something a little more cerebral please.

And no, if, for example, your wife's name is Emily Ford, "Miss Em Effer" will not do! I was 16 and a callow fellow when I used that name. Thought it was hot.

Thanks, but I'm pretty sure I didn't ask for opinions on what I choose to name MY boat. Only asked if it was bad luck to keep the name of the last boat. Constructive suggestions are welcome, but you offered nothing constructive whatsoever.

EDIT

Last edited by a moderator:

jamiemac74

Seaman

Crap!!!!! I just checked my back yard, heck even my neighbors... Nope no such luck.... But WOW!!!! Thats a awesome bost you got right there.... But one question, where did it come from? Maybe a stupid question. Someone suprise you with it or what...
OK Srry, I just read your other thread.. Woops.. U deserved a new boat I understand exactly why you demanded a new boat....

Status
Not open for further replies.