My Boat topic was deleted so I am stating a new one. BOAT AND ENGINE CAME

paulpost

Banned
Re: My Boat topic was deleted so I am stating a new one. BOAT AND ENGINE CAME

One other thing you have to make sure is the break-in of the your 5 hp Honda sometimes they come ready to use from the factory but is better to check with the dealer where you bought it and the owner manual also and make sure before trying to start it that you have oil in it I am not familiar with 4 stroke outboards but I think it has to have a dipstick. This is a link to a website that can give you some information regarding the breaking-in process http://eastmarine.us/index.php?p=page&page_id=Outboard Break-In Charts , if the engine has to be broken-in you can do it at home if space is available, get yourself a hand doly put the engine on it get a trashcan to fit under the engine fill it with water start the engine and follow the chart that I've sent you. I'm adding this short clip that I found on you-tube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42yJeVnGoew&feature=related:D

paulpost

Banned

LOL, thanks for the flowers...it's all based on constant trial & error experimentation, as it should be...

Happy Boating
Sorry for the flowers they are PVC I was looking all over but I couldn't find any hypalon ones I know some people on this forum will going to jump and say that PVC will not going to last comparing with hypalon call me cheap but this is the best I can do.:D
Paul

zodiac340m

Petty Officer 1st Class

Gentlemen, NEW NEWS for today about my boat and accessories.

I called the dealer fuming mad and said you has two choices, give me back a new boat and the correct accossories or I am returning it all to him at his cost. He said calm down and said RENT A VAN AT HIS EXPENSE come up saturday which is a 3.5 hour drive one way and bring everything. He will spend the day getting me all the items I wanted and I can see each and say yes or not to them. He will give me a new boat at well, and also the original launch wheels for the zodiac. AMEN. I hope to get more than just the payment for the cost of the van as this is really really terribly inconvenient to me and my husband not to mention lost of time. i will have them inflate the boat and show me all the dos and donts of the engine and I will m ake them install the wheels for me. I wont leave there until i get what I paid for and more. this has been terribly nerve wrenching and inconvenient to me and my husband not to mention loss of time and down time to practice. This will transpire on Saturday.

paulpost

Banned

You go girl ,this is a big success especially if they will gonna pay for the van do not give in not an inch they can be mushy mushy by the time you get there don't tell them what time you'll be there just show up and drop the boat on the counter surprise them and they will eat from your hand.
If you bought the boat and engine as a package make sure you have all the papers regarding the warranties on the boat and the engine.
Good luck
Paul

BonairII

Commander

Sometimes being nasty is what it takes to wake people up. Glad to hear that your boat is being replaced. I would NEVER accept having a brand new boat "repaired". You paid for BRAND NEW and that's what you should have.

I would insist on being compensated for the 7 hour drive! At the very least, get some free accessories and extended warranty free of charge.

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner

Zodie, Congratulations; for the precious time lost ask dealer to include a free bottle of Dom Perignon Champagne, a votre sante for that!!! Don't forget the pressure gauge, ask how it works. Your terrible experience confirms that dealers should inspect carefully their boats prior shipping them to clients, worst if living that far. We aren't talking about juice blenders nor waffle makers for prompt dealer return, just costly 4 digit number bulky toys. As a boat dealer that's my Personal Insight on the subject, do belive in total take it out of the box client satisfaction.

Happy Boating

zodiac340m

Petty Officer 1st Class

You go girl ,this is a big success especially if they will gonna pay for the van do not give in not an inch they can be mushy mushy by the time you get there don't tell them what time you'll be there just show up and drop the boat on the counter surprise them and they will eat from your hand.
If you bought the boat and engine as a package make sure you have all the papers regarding the warranties on the boat and the engine.
Good luck
Paul

Hi, no I didn to get a package deal, I bought each separately, I got conned if you can imagine. But in the end I will win cuz he will have to give me more stuff to quiet my big mouth. He does not know Americans do not give up a fight and I dont intend to. that is a good idea to just show up. he is expecting me but I will just show up. he does not know what I look like or may have forgotten as he only saw me briefly at the expo. He may recognize my two dogs oops.

zodiac340m

Petty Officer 1st Class

Sometimes being nasty is what it takes to wake people up. Glad to hear that your boat is being replaced. I would NEVER accept having a brand new boat "repaired". You paid for BRAND NEW and that's what you should have.

I would insist on being compensated for the 7 hour drive! At the very least, get some free accessories and extended warranty free of charge.

Diddnt think of the extended warranty, on the boat or the engine or both? I am NOT walking out of there with just what I paid for he has to quiet my big mouth and give me extra stuff or better quality stuff at the cheaper price. I will tell him that his company stinks and that I will never recommend them he may even give me the boat free lol that is NOT possible, they seem to be penny pinchers.. I intend to tell him how terribly inconvenient it has been and to have to take a 7 hour plus drive to get what I paid for is insane. he has to compensate me one way or the other. the van rental is not part of the deal.

zodiac340m

Petty Officer 1st Class

Zodie, Congratulations; for the precious time lost ask dealer to include a free bottle of Dom Perignon Champagne, a votre sante for that!!! Don't forget the pressure gauge, ask how it works. Your terrible experience confirms that dealers should inspect carefully their boats prior shipping them to clients, worst if living that far. We aren't talking about juice blenders nor waffle makers for prompt dealer return, just costly 4 digit numbers bulky toys. As a boat deler that's my Personal Insight on the subject, do belive in complete and total take it out of the box client satisfaction.

Happy Boating

Thank you, I have to jot down all these tips so I dont forget anything. I told him he MUST take boat out ot package and blow it up in front of me. After that, he can keep the big huge cartoon lol. You know they sent me a 75cm life ring, imagine my shock. I asked if I has bought a steam ship or a little blow up boat? then they sent me huge wheels that I can very well use on my riding mower easily. This really urks me. The loss time has to be compensated in one way or the otehr. His excuse of poor service is that he only has 180 employeed and a massive shop and three show rooms. Aint my problem. He has a company and a product to sell and he ought to sell the product according to quality standards.
He keeps trying to sell me allround marine boats and I told him NO. Then he said the boat was probably a returned boat and it was shipped to me. Box was never sealed it was opened and wood floors were scruffed up and old where vanish has already faded. that was really insane.

BonairII

Commander

Def DON'T tell him that you won't recommend him etc....he won't have any reason to give you ANYTHING if you are going to trash his customer service to prospective customers anyway.

Now is the time to show him that you're a reasonable person that has been inconvenienced, and you'd like something for your troubles.

zodiac340m

Petty Officer 1st Class

Def DON'T tell him that you won't recommend him etc....he won't have any reason to give you ANYTHING if you are going to trash his customer service to prospective customers anyway.

Now is the time to show him that you're a reasonable person that has been inconvenienced, and you'd like something for your troubles.

Oh Yes, you aer right. oops. I will be firm tho. These people in the North seems to like to play games and not take life seriously, quite different to the south of Germany. But nevertheless, its me time and efforts wasted. This weekend we had plans to do a lot of thing including practice with the boat and engine now its wasted driving some 7 plus hours.

paulpost

Banned

OK the boat will float whether is a sow room boat or not you have to be more concern on the engine I might sound like a broken record but you have to believe me if you do not follow the instruction from your owner manual you can loose the warranty and believe me to have that engine repaired in case you mess up can be more money than the price of the engine.

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner

Zodie, you have gone through a terrible & traumatic buying experience, don't forget to ask about the Dom Perignon, the least you deserve, perfectly for the first successful and relaxed outing.

Happy Boating

zodiac340m

Petty Officer 1st Class

Zodie, you have gone through a terrible & traumatic buying experience, don't forget to ask about the Dom Perignon, the least you deserve, perfectly for the first successful and relaxed outing.

Happy Boating

Hey guys, I am ONE HAPPY CAMPER TODAY. Went up to the dealer, took back all the crap. He took 4 hours with me personally and went thru everything. He got me all the goods I needed that were extra. Returned all the junk, got new boat and all accessories FOR FREE in the end I paid not one black cent for anything. i estimates it to be like 325 Euros of free stuff safety that is and otherwise. So I am more or less a happy camper today. If I knew he would have knocked off the bill I would have taken more stuff LOL. Afterthat we went to the city rock concert which went into the night lol. So in all, the long 7.5 hours of driving and all the stress ended up good. the owner is a nice man actually. by the time I left his company he introduced me to many of his staff so they all know who I am now personally when I call with a problem and belive me, they will jump to help me lol.

A big question about flushing the outboard, is there some special hose to use to put on the engine? Its a Honda with two little plugs that must be removed for flushing. I saw some people are using rabbit ears or something so, is this recommended? If not, what hose is to be used? Thanks and I am now excited to use my boat and engine. Oh, he gave me a lovely well professionally rigged anchor, line and chain all really well and securely put together. Now I feel I can put this little boat int he sea and not feel I will be sucked out to Cuba.

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner

Ear muffs is the fastest method for flushing outboards, if Honda has a screw removal flushing port, will probably need to buy a flush adapter to fit that engine port. Besides big stress and time, happy to know you won at the end, place pics of the first outing.

Happy Boating

zodiac340m

Petty Officer 1st Class

Ear muffs is the fastest method for flushing outboards, if Honda has a screw removal flushing port, will probably need to buy a flush adapter to fit that engine port. Besides big stress and time, happy to know you won at the end, place pics of the first outing.

Happy Boating

I sure will post pics especially of my BIG fish hahah. What do you mean big stress and time? Please tell me as I dont know and my hubby does not know a thing about boats. We did get a nice boat stand with wheels which is a dream and can also be used for flusing. But what do you mean the big stress. the honda has two holes with gray screw things that need to be removed like a double hole side by side. What kind of adaptor do I need to ask for and is this something that can be attached to a garden hose? Can I get this at a Do it yourself store?

zodiac340m

Petty Officer 1st Class

Hi guys. We plan to use the boat for the first time this afternoon about 5pm. There is nothing that says if there is transmission oil or not in the engine. Do engines come with transmission oil it it? Please let me know before I go boating. thanks

saltycat

Cadet

Hi guys. We plan to use the boat for the first time this afternoon about 5pm. There is nothing that says if there is transmission oil or not in the engine. Do engines come with transmission oil it it? Please let me know before I go boating. thanks

Better call the dealer they have to know . The transmission oil has to be in the lower and regular motor oil in the crankshaft case like any 4 stroke engine like you check the oil in the car take the cowling off (the cover ) and look for a dipstick do not try to start the engine unless you are sure you have oil in it and you'll damage it .

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner

Big stress and time :mad: was related to the whole purchase issue, now you can relax and have a good boating time :D, probably must add oil to crankcase, check dipstick, gear case oil comes generally inside lower leg, but a matter to ask too. Ask Honda dealer for flushing port adapter, but ear muffs are faster and simpler to mount and use.

Are two holes with gray screws located at lower tail ? If so, one is for gear oil filling/removal, other the flushing port. Don't know about Honda engines, in other brands if port is located at tail, will need to close water tail intakes to avoid losing water pressure through them if using flushing port as main flusher.

Happy Boating

zodiac340m

Petty Officer 1st Class

Big stress and time :mad: was related to the whole purchase issue, now you can relax and have a good boating time :D, probably must add oil to crankcase, check dipstick, gear case oil comes generally inside lower leg, but a matter to ask too. Ask Honda dealer for flushing port adapter, but ear muffs are faster and simpler to mount and use.

Are two holes with gray screws located at lower tail ? If so, one is for gear oil filling/removal, other the flushing port. Don't know about Honda engines, in other brands if port is located at tail, will need to close water tail intakes to avoid losing water pressure through them if using flushing port as main flusher.

Happy Boating

Well once more, we didnt boat becuase I didnt have an answer and dealer was gone for the day. Yes, there are two gray screws below on the tail but not sure which is for what and hubby is worst off than I am he is clueless even tho he has read instructions. Since we were not sure if there was gearbox oil or not, he opted out of boating. but lordy we found some lovely arms of the rhine river that are a dream. Now I cant wait to put the devil on the water. I had NO clue there was all this and thats to an engine. I thouht buy boat, mount engine and go on water lordy was I wrong.