My boat sank

Maclin

Admiral
Re: My boat sank

You may not be able to get the same boat for that money, but now yours is not "the same boat" either, and probably won't be in my opinion. I recommend whatever you do that either the next boat has an auto bilge pump or you have the rebuilders add one!

DuckHunterJon

Lieutenant Junior Grade

I know it's still too soon, but be sure to post back with the cause - it might help another fellow boater avoid a similar situation.

Cincyrunner

Seaman

talked to insurance lady on phone and she just said adjuster will come out and decide if total or fix it . not totally sure on whats covered but i didnt buy the cheapest policy they had . also my car and house are on same policy with state farm..

Generally speaking, it's not a good idea to have your boat insurance on the same policy with your home and car. Make a claim against one, your premium may rise on all three, since they're all on the same policy. Make too many claims against say your boat, they may drop your coverage on all 3. Check out a marine insurance company that only underwrites marine insurance....for example Global Marine Ins. I have a friend where that happened....he made one too many claims against his boat and the company dropped his entire policy.

oops!

Supreme Mariner

make sure they rip up the deck and replace the foam.......really......you are paying for it.....but i dont think any body is going to replace the deck and foam and the motor for 57 hun. i would barter a little with the ins people........they more than likey used nada for the guide.....nada is in most cases....way off.......i sold a great 90 bayliner for 7800 bux.

and they are giving you 57 for it?.....i would talk with the adjustor... and get him to adjust that price. you may have to do some investigation on it by searching craigs list and showing them how much the boat is really worth....not fantasy nada numbers.