My 1992 Gastron 1900 Resotoration....Here we go again!

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Thanks Woody ! I think the Admiral has a project for me in mind ..:lol:
Ok Cor small hi-jack is over .. :focus:

ahmincha

Lieutenant Commander
Cor 1 visit fro wog and you are a master upholsterer
Excellent work as usual

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
Uhmm Beieve me I had very little to do with it Cordell is a very multi-talented man. I just blab a lot and somehow he's able to take all the jibberish and turn it into a masterpiece It's ALL on him!!!

Corjen1

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Minch, thanks and dont believe WoG. Im always bugging him... what about this, how about that... what do you do with this...

Corjen1

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Some more work on the flip up bolster... and a bit of a set back.

x4 (1).JPG

x1.JPG

x2.JPG

x4 (2).JPG

Here is the set back... When I made the front plate on the bolster, I neglected to account for the aft cushion height. It will not flip all the way up.

x5.JPG

I will have to take the bolster apart and rework the front plate to shorten it. Oh well, trial and error... eeh!!!

Have a good Friday...

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
I can't believe it!!! You made a mistake😱😱😱 Your secret is safe with me!! Still looks awesome!!

Corjen1

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Well,its been a bit, but here we go on the sole replacement and what ever else I find...
x124.JPG
x123.JPG
x125.JPG

Thats it for tonight...

Mad Props

Lieutenant Commander
I feel like I have so far to go until I saw you just starting lol... at least you have a garage... I'm going to lose my ability to work in a few weeks.

Corjen1

Lieutenant Junior Grade
suddenly you feel itchy lol!

HAHA... I was thinking about cutting the floor today and started getting itchy!!! Hopefully this weekend Ill finish getting the bits out and carpet. Maybe get some of the real itch going!!!

BOOMER SOONER!!

Corjen1

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Well, A bit more action today... the interior bits removed. most of the carpet removed. The floor is not as I hoped, but as I expected. The stringers/bulkheads that I can see so far are hosed.
IMG_6537.JPG
IMG_6538.JPG
IMG_6542.JPG
IMG_6554.JPG
IMG_6558.JPG

Also, if you dont have an oscillating cutting tool, I highly recommend one!!!! I really wish I had one during the GT build!!! I picked up a rockwell one, a month or so ago, love it. I think it would save the accidental hull cut throughs that sometime happen in deconstruction.

Have a good evening!!

BOOMER SOONER!!!!

Last edited:

Corjen1

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Well, A bit more action today... the interior bits removed. most of the carpet removed. The floor is not as I hoped, but as I expected. The stringers/bulkheads that I can see so far are hosed.

Ski locker side/bulkhead

Also, if you dont have an oscillating cutting tool, I highly recommend one!!!! I really wish I had one during the GT build!!! I picked up a rockwell one, a month or so ago, love it. I think it would save the accidental hull cut throughs that sometime happen in deconstruction.

Have a good evening!!

BOOMER SOONER!!!!

Baylinerchuck

Commander
Looks very familiar....gives me anxiety looking at all that rot, lol. The oscillating tool was a big part of my deconstruction. Went through a lot of blades though!!!

We are.....Penn State.