ezmobee
Supreme Mariner
Thread starter- Joined
- Mar 26, 2007
- Messages
- 23,767
Since there's so many great new projects going on I've often had to go back and dig for pics from my project to reference when offering advice. I thought it might be helpful to put all my SS project pics in one place. So I created a new photobucket album and dumped all my SS pics in it. There are some newer ones in there from some updates I've done since the original restore including my new low profile bow rails, swim platform, and painted outboard. You will have to forgive the complete out of orderness of the pics.
As you know I have "sold out" to some extent and bought a 20' glasser. It is wood free though! (it's a good thing too because I had a leaky trim tab mount that absolutely would have taken out a wood transom) The Evinrude 90 on the SS gave us fits for two seasons with a sporadically dropping cylinder. This came to a head in '15 when we dragged it 2 hours home from the lake and then another 4 hours to the shore on vacation to have it act up real bad on the first day and end up just sitting in the slip for a week. We decided to upgrade to something bigger and deeper that could better handle the huge wakes some of the bigger boats on our narrow lake throw off especially on holiday weekends. The SS handled that kind of thing safely but it was a fairly brutal ride. I sought out a saltwater dual console which has just been absolutely ideal. The whole family loves it. I toyed with the idea of selling the SS but decided it was worth more to me than whatever I could get for it.
My buddy used it all last season out at the lake with his family while he worked on his own SC restore. It ran but the cylinder dropping got worse as the season went on. Since the problem first became bad and after I sent a mechanic down the wrong path thinking it was a fuel issue I bought two new coils and borrowed a known good power pack. I swapped these things onto both sides of the motor but the issue persisted. This Spring I bought another two coils and installed them. Took it out with my son but it was still only running in 3. Double checked all the wiring at home this weekend and found a plug pin pushed in. Fixed that and she seems to be back on all 4 now. I am optimistic I've fixed it. Tried to take it out tonight with my family but when we got to the river we found it flooded and full of debris. So unfortunately my testing will have to wait. I'll let you know what happens. As for now the Hydra-Sports stays out at our lake campsite 2 hours away and the SS stays here at home to use during the week and in the off-season when camp is closed.
Hopefully my pic album helps someone with and SS or similar project with some ideas. We're like 7 or 8 years with it now and I'm still very pleased with the boat. It's setup just how I like for fishing and the marine vinyl deck has been tough as nails.
http://s176.photobucket.com/user/ezmobee/library/Starcraft Super Sport
As you know I have "sold out" to some extent and bought a 20' glasser. It is wood free though! (it's a good thing too because I had a leaky trim tab mount that absolutely would have taken out a wood transom) The Evinrude 90 on the SS gave us fits for two seasons with a sporadically dropping cylinder. This came to a head in '15 when we dragged it 2 hours home from the lake and then another 4 hours to the shore on vacation to have it act up real bad on the first day and end up just sitting in the slip for a week. We decided to upgrade to something bigger and deeper that could better handle the huge wakes some of the bigger boats on our narrow lake throw off especially on holiday weekends. The SS handled that kind of thing safely but it was a fairly brutal ride. I sought out a saltwater dual console which has just been absolutely ideal. The whole family loves it. I toyed with the idea of selling the SS but decided it was worth more to me than whatever I could get for it.
My buddy used it all last season out at the lake with his family while he worked on his own SC restore. It ran but the cylinder dropping got worse as the season went on. Since the problem first became bad and after I sent a mechanic down the wrong path thinking it was a fuel issue I bought two new coils and borrowed a known good power pack. I swapped these things onto both sides of the motor but the issue persisted. This Spring I bought another two coils and installed them. Took it out with my son but it was still only running in 3. Double checked all the wiring at home this weekend and found a plug pin pushed in. Fixed that and she seems to be back on all 4 now. I am optimistic I've fixed it. Tried to take it out tonight with my family but when we got to the river we found it flooded and full of debris. So unfortunately my testing will have to wait. I'll let you know what happens. As for now the Hydra-Sports stays out at our lake campsite 2 hours away and the SS stays here at home to use during the week and in the off-season when camp is closed.
Hopefully my pic album helps someone with and SS or similar project with some ideas. We're like 7 or 8 years with it now and I'm still very pleased with the boat. It's setup just how I like for fishing and the marine vinyl deck has been tough as nails.
http://s176.photobucket.com/user/ezmobee/library/Starcraft Super Sport