Moving from page to page

fstorm08

Senior Chief Petty Officer
This has probably been reported. if it has, then my apologizes.

Since the upgrade, I seem to get this quite frequently trying to go from page to page in an thread.

Thanks in advance. I am in IT so I know how these upgrades/bugs can be sometimes.

Thanks for your hard work!

Ryan

Attachments

• photo200406.PNG
    photo200406.PNG
    5.2 KB · Views: 0

fstorm08

Senior Chief Petty Officer
No Title

Also, I am using Chrome. The version is below.

I would be more than happy to help in testing if you need.

Attachments

• photo200407.PNG
    photo200407.PNG
    7.4 KB · Views: 0

rbh

Fleet Admiral
Me two.
I can usually get to page two then I get the notice"contact site administrator"

Google chrome as well.

jigngrub

Fleet Admiral
I get that too when trying to go from page to page in a thread.

I found that if you'll click ok in the message so it'll close, then refresh the page it'll take you to the next or desired page.

nwcove

Admiral
same here......can get to page two .....but no further.

minuteman62-64

Lieutenant
Log off, go to a different forum, read a couple of posts there, log back on to iboats and you'll be able to read another page. I think the idea is to encourage us to browse a variety of forums to broaden perspectives.

nwcove

Admiral
just tried changing pages, clicking ok on the error msg after each page change, then refresh....and it works!! now getting the " this is no joke....you are the 100000th visitor" pop up tho. i know it cant be true if its counting visits since the " upgrade". lol. hope the big issues get sorted out soon.....im seeing very few posts from long term contributing members.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
I think you can cross that one off the list, toneeees. It's been working for a couple of hours now. :thumb: Now how about ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :lol:

MikDee

Banned
Are you still having issues moving from page to page?

YES! I am, Once I goto post a reply, I get that same error message. I click ok, and then a little window drops down on top saying "working", then it all just freezes there for an indefinite amount of time? 2-3-4 minutes, then a new error message window opens up saying "post failed, an administrator has been notified" Then after clicking OK, I'm back to the same blank reply page? Never knowing what happened to my post? Or, if it did post? Quite disturbing to say the least!
Sometimes it posts, sometime not? Frustration level to the Max!

GA_Boater

YES! I am, Once I goto post a reply, I get that same error message. I click ok, and then a little window drops down on top saying "working", then it all just freezes there for an indefinite amount of time? 2-3-4 minutes, then a new error message window opens up saying "post failed, an administrator has been notified" Then after clicking OK, I'm back to the same blank reply page? Never knowing what happened to my post? Or, if it did post? Quite disturbing to say the least!
Sometimes it posts, sometime not? Frustration level to the Max!

This is a different issue than the one toneeees asked about - This is about using the page count to move through a multi-page thread.

When you post and get the error message, click OK in the error box and after it closes, reload/refresh the page. 99.999999999% of the time your posted message will be there. No, this isn't how it's supposed to work, but you can check if the reply was made and move on.

MikDee

Banned
This is a different issue than the one toneeees asked about - This is about using the page count to move through a multi-page thread.

When you post and get the error message, click OK in the error box and after it closes, reload/refresh the page. 99.999999999% of the time your posted message will be there. No, this isn't how it's supposed to work, but you can check if the reply was made and move on.

You think huh? I already tried that a million times, it does not help?

MikDee

Banned
Aha! It did work this time,,, Don't know what changed, if anything? But, will try this method from now on. It sure beats waiting for minutes for nothing to appear? and not knowing the outcome.

MikDee

Banned
Aha! It did work this time,,, Don't know what changed, if anything? But, will try this method from now on. It sure beats waiting for minutes for nothing to appear? and not knowing the outcome.

GA_Boater

It's worked for me every time. What can I say? I'll be happy when we stop getting the error.

MikDee

Banned
It's worked for me every time. What can I say? I'll be happy when we stop getting the error.

Great, I got so carried away, I got a double post :facepalm:

Watch out GA boater, or I'll cut your string, and crush your can! :lol:

GA_Boater

Since the upgrade my string looks like a birds nest on a baitcaster and the tin can leaks :eek: :lol:

I think most of the double posts are caused by the posting error. We don't see the new message and hit Post Reply again.