Mount VHF Antenna on Bimini Frame

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lurch77

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Any reason to think mounting an 8' Shakespeare with a ratchet mount on the bimini framework would be a problem? The framework on my Suntracker appears to be of the same size and type as the side rails on the boat. I'm on big water and would like to get the antenna as high in the air as possible. Plus this would get it up and out of the way for fishing, swimming, and everyday boating activities VS having it mounted on a side rail.

Lurch77

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Mount VHF Antenna on Bimini Frame

Well I gave it a try and I think it will work out well. No permanent holes made in the boat, so changing its location would be a piece of cake if I decide I don't like it. It gets the antenna up high and out of the way. Going to add some cap nuts to the end of the bolts and I should be set.

976068_4938262663354_373149636_o.jpg981809_4938260343296_493555218_o.jpg

Capt Sully

Petty Officer 1st Class

No problem at all, thats the way I have mine mounted. Works great and is out of the way. I striped tied the cable to the frame with enough slack when folded down for trailering.

bill6560

Recruit

Well I gave it a try and I think it will work out well. No permanent holes made in the boat, so changing its location would be a piece of cake if I decide I don't like it. It gets the antenna up high and out of the way. Going to add some cap nuts to the end of the bolts and I should be set.

View attachment 164443View attachment 164444
Hi, can you please tell me what brand and model your bracket is? Thanks, Bill

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Hi, can you please tell me what brand and model your bracket is? Thanks, Bill
This thread has been inactive for more than 7 years and Lurch last visited more than 6 years ago. He won't be answering.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.