Motorcylce helmet laws

dk990496

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Motorcylce helmet laws

I don’t post to much because when I do there are a few that likes to bash on people (and I am not into this) but Mr. LF and LF can tell you I live in a biker town (sort of speak)and I do ride a bike and I will not wear a helmet to me that should be up to the rider but if I put someone on my bike with me on the back of my bike they all no my rule they must wear a helmet if they ride with me no exceptions on that. Just my 2

achris

More fish than mountain goat

One more point of view, perhaps missed by some earlier posters.<br /><br />I like the idea of compulsory helmets/seatbelts. The main reason? Because accidents do happen. If a person isn't wearing belt/helmet then they are more likely to be killed. As a driver involved in an accident (which I haven't been for quite a few years) I would hate to live with the knowledge that I was in an accident that killed someone, because they were not wearing belt/helmet. <br /><br />To all you riders/drivers who think it's only you who you have to think about. If you think about the consequences of your actions, then you would belt up/helmet on everytime you went out.<br /><br />Chris...........

brother chris

Commander

Well, I think helmuts should be mandatory. I just had a wipe out this weekend and I was not wearing my helmut. We were dirt biking, but it did get me thinking that if I was on concrete I would not be writing this right now. <br />I bit it just after the rain started. Good thing it was on the grass. <br />I whole ankle is burned, big time! And it is twice the size of my right ankle. <br /><br />Some people think it should be up to the rider, but we need regulations so stupid people do not do stupid things and get others killed. I am not just talking about helmuts when I say this either.<br />Not every rule made by our governments are right, but MOST are made for our benefit. <br />I agree that helmuts should be worn.<br />My 0.02 cents.

brother chris

Commander

Originally posted by achris:<br /> One more point of view, perhaps missed by some earlier posters.<br /><br />I like the idea of compulsory helmets/seatbelts. The main reason? Because accidents do happen. If a person isn't wearing belt/helmet then they are more likely to be killed. As a driver involved in an accident (which I haven't been for quite a few years) I would hate to live with the knowledge that I was in an accident that killed someone, because they were not wearing belt/helmet. <br /><br /><br />AMEN!<br /><br />To all you riders/drivers who think it's only you who you have to think about. If you think about the consequences of your actions, then you would belt up/helmet on everytime you went out.<br /><br />Chris...........

DoctorCAD

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I was in a wreck without a helmet. I'm still here...a few stitches and scrapes to my head. $6800 damage to my bike and $6800 damage to my body. If the woman that ran me over was driving instead of aiming a car down the road, there would have been NO accident.<br /><br />Now, I will wear a helmet. I was lucky. It is MY CHOICE. It should be your choice as well.

LadyFish

Admiral

I hit the pavement at 65+ MPH wearing my helmet. Your head is heavy and the second thing to hit the ground or at least was in my case. I thank God I was wearing mine. It ended up cracked and scraped up, but better it than my head.<br /><br />We used to attend helmet rallys all the time back in the day. It when they were trying to enforce them. <br />Back then the helmets were not rated for more than 5 MPH impact and the way they were made, they could decapitate you.<br /><br />I'm glad to see the improvements they;ve made over the years and would not be caught dead without one.

one more cast

Captain

I knew a guy that lost control on a corner and like LF said, His full faced helmet got caught in a guard rail post and took his head off.

dolluper

Captain

If you have some brains to protect wear one if you don't, don't wear one but when I was younger with less brains it was nice to cruise around the block without one,even though it was ilegal here I would never ever go near the hiway without one that's just harry carry

LadyFish

Admiral

THATS IT, LOL.....I wore one to protect my most valuable asset.....my brains. :p :D

achris

More fish than mountain goat

I wore one to protect my most valuable asset.....my brains
and those beautiful blonde locks. :D :D :D <br /><br />Chris...........