Motorcycles and Fun and Pain

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Motorcycles and Fun and Pain

Never been down on the road ...<br /><br />Dirt.. there ain't enough room on here to list it.. :D I had 7 different CR's from the age of 12-16 and the only one that lived was an '85 CR250.. only because I traded back down to a 125.. you could say I've eaten my share of topsoil :D

FLATHEAD

Captain

Been down a couple of times. Used to race AMA enduros in my teens and early twenties, hit the dirt countless times. Had a chain come off a radical chopper I built many moons a ago, the chain ended up around my leg slicing it up like lunch meat. Whacked a whitetail deer in 1989 with a HD softail, it was ugly to say the least. Killed the deer and I am still here so I guess it could have been worse. <br /><br />I still ride a good bit. Mostly ride my electraglide. I like antique bikes and ride them as much as possible. Still have a small collection going, just acquired a 1937 Indian in need of a full resto, Might not ever get it done in this lifetime. Here is a photo of a bone stock 72 FLH, and a little bob job 1940 flathead taken back when I lived right smack in town. Keep the rubber side down.<br /><br />
thegirls002.jpg

SoulWinner

Commander

That 1940 Flathead makes me drool. Dang that's a hot little bike!!<br /><br />I don't ride anymore, but many years ago I rode a couple of bikes that a buddy owned. I never got used to looking over and seeing a car cruising along beside me.

Realgun

Commander

My wife and I both owed bikes. Mine was a 250 ninja and heres was the 250 Eliminator. She got hit going to work 1 day.<br />The person in the car was actually stopped at the stop sign that was the first mistake nobody here stops!!! Then as my wife who had no stopsigns made a left turn the idiot came out and hit her.<br />A buterfly fracture of her left leg. she no longer rides and will not allow me to either.<br /><br />Made the mistake of trying to pick her up from work on the bike made me go home and get the car!!!

Nos4r2

Lieutenant Commander

Love the 40, flahthead!<br /><br />I've been riding 17 years now and I've had a couple of spills-either due to diesel slicks on the road or being hit from behind. For some reason people seem to steer clear of me though. I think riding this helps
y472-1surv.jpg
Cars just seem to get out of the way. Can't figure why!

AK_Chappy

Lieutenant

I have been down, twice. Neither was bad. Well, that depends on your version of bad. When you are 17 and not supposed to be riding, you pick the gravel out, wash up (THAT HURT!!) and don't tell your parents :) My legs still tan funny. I seem to have all these white spots that don't tan ;) <br /><br />This was sent to me by a friend.<br />
J-DChopper.jpg
<br /><br />I need to get me one now!!<br /><br />AK Chappy

JRJ

Commander

AK, now that is some kind of Deere :cool:

ae708

Chief Petty Officer

I was riding one day, a long time ago, wearing shorts as I used to do, tank top and sandals (can you spell stupid?). Anyway a bee flew up my shorts leg. Ever see a guy head for the shoulder, drop a pretty silver CBX and his shorts at the same time? Not a pretty sight. But I was able to save the other equipment from harm... whew.

AK_Chappy

Lieutenant

Now ae,<br />Unless it was a BumbleBee, it could only sting once then it would swell up. Shouldn't hurt too long, the itching might be tough to explain though :D <br /><br />AK Chappy

ae708

Chief Petty Officer

Chappy, I just wanted that thing out of there like RAT NOW !!