FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Yup I have also seen people do carb rebuilds on older motors, and not change old fuel lines, and fuel line gunk made it to the fresh carb from all of the handling.
well I changed all the fuel lines when I cleaned and rebuilt the carbs. It is running again now after putting new sparkplugs in although I do have yet to put it in the water to test it out
Also dont rule out a short somewhere. When the motor goes into a body of water, the ground improves exponentially. I have seen a shorted stator do odd things while IN the water. Just a possible scenario...... You could always check the battery voltage under load.