motor wont do anything

aggiefan07

Cadet
i have a 69 85hp evenrude it wont do anything bran new starter solinoid new batterie cables but still nothing wat should i do

patrickray

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: motor wont do anything

What do you mean by "It wont do anything"? It will not turn over? Or will not start?

aggiefan07

Cadet

i like gets no power the electrice choke wont go on nothing wont even turn over at all

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

1. STOP throwing parts at it.
2. Find and replace the fuse or reset the circuit breaker. Should be on the engine.
3. Go to Engine FAQs and troubleshoot from "Outboard won't start".

CATransplant

Admiral

weres the circuit bracker at on it

You need a shop manual for your outboard. Either the factory manual or at least one of the aftermarket manuals. I'm not connected to this forum, but I've found a lot of help here, but this forum cannot take the place of a manual. Everyone here who answers questions is a volunteer. Nobody's paid. It's a little bit much, I think, to ask these fine folks to tell you where the circuit breaker on your outboard is.

You'll find that information in any of the manuals, along with troubleshooting tips, and much, much more. Then, after using the manual, if you still are stuck, the folks here will try to help you. They'll try, even if you don't buy the manual, but you'll find it frustrating, because they'll tell you to check the circuit breaker or the hoses on your fuel pump. They depend on you to do some homework on your own, though.

You just can't work on modern outboards without a manual. The alternative is to take it to a shop and let people there figure out the problem. I'm sorry to be such a bore, but help is out there. It costs a few bucks, but what you'll save is worth lots more than the cost of a simple manual.