Motor height....need some expert advice

spego

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Motor height....need some expert advice

54.6mph @ 5000 rpm<br /><br />Yes thats right...I took it off (tail) and my speed decreased...believe it or not. The variables were the same..everything except temp. It was colder this morning than last week. So the tail is back on now because it actually seems to help. The prop(4 blade that worked fine before removing the tail) kept blowing out and full trim (5300 rpm) and it would not pick the bow up high enough. The water line was about a foot or so behind the drive/passenger seats. It usually is coming out the very back when it is trimmed up with the tail on it. I did however check to see if it is in the water. The tail itself (top viewing surface) was not under the water at all but the thrust of the prop must be hitting the underside of it. But anyway it did make a big difference. My numbers matched last weekends after the tail was put back on....still walked a bit at 57-58.

walleyehed

Admiral
Re: Motor height....need some expert advice

Interesting......you're getting some fwd thrust from the foil. I recently learned this is not uncommon in certain situations, but I do still believe in John's Mobster tabs. I can't run mine WOT without them...it's uncontrollable.<br />See what Dhadley and Nautijohn say....I'm confussed on this one.........????????