Motor has started but now no spark

I have a 1982 Tohatsu 25hp motor M25B ser.346A-29414 it has been sitting up for years. I washed the gas tank and fuel lines took the carb out and cleaned all ports. When I put it back together and fired it, it ran rough. Took the carb back off and discovered the float had gas in it. Ordered a rebuild kit, installed it but now I get no spark. I suspect the stadar. Is there any way to ohm the stander in place with out taking the flywheel out?

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Welcome aboard.

Since it ran, not well but ran, before the carb work, check that no wiring got disturbed while removing and reinstalling the carb. Look to see if any wires may have been pinched during the carb R&R, too.

pvanv

Admiral
There isn't5 a stator on that model. If truly no spark, review your Factory service manual on this 40 year old motor.

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
Was the kill-cord attached ? If so.
Disconnect both cables that hooks to the CD and measure its Ohm Resistance. Should be somewhere 130-300 Ohm. If reads 0 the Exciter Coil is shot or the Coil's internal cables that clamps outside the flywheel against something are broken. Happens with use and excessive throttling through the years...

Pulser coil if having one is : 30-46 Ohm.

Happy Boating

Was the kill-cord attached ? If so.
Disconnect both cables that hooks to the CD and measure its Ohm Resistance. Should be somewhere 130-300 Ohm. If reads 0 the Exciter Coil is shot or the Coil's internal cables that clamps outside the flywheel against something are broken. Happens with use and excessive throttling through the years...

Pulser coil if having one is : 30-46 Ohm.

Happy Boating
The kill cable ohm’s at 301 that seems to be with in reason. Pulse coil where in the system should I look? Thanks for the info.

pvanv

Admiral

SERVICE MANUAL : 1 & 2 CYLINDER 2-STROKES​

a

Description
Covers all 1 & 2 cylinder 2-stroke models.
Part #: 003-21035-1
List Price (MSRP): $50.00

SERVICE MANUAL : 1 & 2 CYLINDER 2-STROKES​

a

Description
Covers all 1 & 2 cylinder 2-stroke models.
Part #: 003-21035-1
List Price (MSRP): $50.00
I now have the service manual. In working through the trouble shooting steps. 1) my motor only has a push button kill switch two wires and it ohms at 300. 2) working through the flow chart next is to test the exciter coil and so on. My question is do I need to remove the flywheel to run these tests? I don’t have a flywheel puller. Is there a shade tree way to remove the flywheel? Tried to find a puller but haven’t had any luck yet ill keep looking.