Mooring cover

Mama D

Cadet
Hello All, we are very new to the pontoon world as we have just purchased a 2010 princecraft Versailes 23. She is in mint condition but we did not get a tutorial on applying the mooring cover. I have been unable to find anything in the manual.
many tips or instruction would be very helpful. Thank you in advance and I am so happy I found the forum.

Attachments

• 5F3A3C8F-716C-41FD-8F26-9812D23EBE86.png
    5F3A3C8F-716C-41FD-8F26-9812D23EBE86.png
    3 MB · Views: 5

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
welcome aboard

mooring cover should be like putting on a fitted sheet on the bed, however with a tent pole or two in the middle and some straps on the side.

it will become obvious as you start to install it.

Mama D

Cadet
Thank you. It was pretty straight forward once I found a starting point. It was a bit intimidating goin from a bow rider cover to something this big. Easy peas though now that I have done it once. Thank you for the encouragement.

ahicks

Captain
One tip I'd share would be to get a magic marker out, and mark the 4 corners (LF, RF, RR, LR) and left and right mid ship (LM, RM). Do that big enough where it's easily seen. That will prove to be a HUGE time saver the next time you need to install the cover. No more installing, only to have to start over again because it's backwards for instance.

Mama D

Cadet
One tip I'd share would be to get a magic marker out, and mark the 4 corners (LF, RF, RR, LR) and left and right mid ship (LM, RM). Do that big enough where it's easily seen. That will prove to be a HUGE time saver the next time you need to install the cover. No more installing, only to have to start over again because it's backwards for instance.
Thank you for the tip. That is such a good idea.

poconojoe

Lieutenant Commander
Use the marker on the underside of the cover.
The previous owner of my boat drew an arrow under the very front of the bow cover. After a while, I really didn't need the arrow. I can tell what goes where from repetition.