Mmm! I'm hoping that someone knows the correct answer

mrbscott19

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Mmm! I'm hoping that someone knows the correct answer

Edited.....see SBN's explanation above. It said the same as mine, only with more detail.

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

hey I thought this was a "family-oriented" board!<br /><br />ok, SBN, what was it about the chicken that caused it to survive while its non-chicken ancestors died out?<br /><br />my guess is, it's finger-lickin' good! either that or else maybe Adam liked his omlettes?

deputydawg

Lieutenant Commander

Neither, the ROOSTER came first ;)

Frankhanhart

Petty Officer 1st Class

Quote: Neither, the ROOSTER came first....<br /><br />Or was it the " coq" as the French say? Whatever...the first hatched chicken must have been very lucky with all those Tyranno-stuff around :D . Developed the first terrific hole-shot with only 1 CP. Love those legs!!!

Vlad D Impeller

Commander

Spinners explanation is the best that i've ever heard in all of the time that i've wondered about the chicken and egg theory.<br /><br />My understanding of this is that the chicken is a product of evolution, if this is true for the chicken why would it not be the same for other species including man? :confused:

CJY

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Vlad,<br /><br />You are correct, it is true of all species. Including man. Scientifically speaking that is.

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

Isn't it funny how the chicken is a mutant.<br /><br />I thought mutations and change is bad?<br /><br />If the envirowhacos were around 4 billion years ago, those amoeba would still be amoeba.<br /><br />That is, unless god zapped the envirowhacos for interfering. :D <br /><br />Ken

demsvmejm

Master Chief Petty Officer

Originally posted by deputydawg:<br /> Neither, the ROOSTER came first ;)
SICK!!!!!!!!!<br /><br />I like it:D<br /><br />What does that say about me?<br /><br />THAT was a rhetorical question everybody.

karrick

Petty Officer 1st Class

Call me crazy ;) <br />but God created the chicken and the chicken laided the egg<br /><br />K

Vlad D Impeller

Commander

Originally posted by karrick:<br /> Call me crazy ;) <br />but God created the chicken and the chicken laided the egg<br /><br />K
karrick i don't think that you're crazy at all.<br /><br />If God created everything, who created God?

karrick

Petty Officer 1st Class

I really cannot believe the whole idea of non-chicken, chickens... At what point can you seriously say it wasn't a chicken. :confused: :confused: If they evolved from some semi-chicken, how did they all evolve at the same time? Why are all the missing links, (non-chickens), dead and not existing besides the chickens. The whole theory of evolution is just that ... a theory <br />IMO <br /><br />K

KeltonKrew

Lieutenant

well, with all this, this leads to the question......<br /><br /><br />what's the fastest animal in the world..<br /><br /><br />Ethiopian Chicken :D

Elmer Fudge

Lieutenant Commander

Originally posted by karrick:<br /> I really cannot believe the whole idea of non-chicken, chickens... At what point can you seriously say it wasn't a chicken. :confused: :confused: If they evolved from some semi-chicken, how did they all evolve at the same time? Why are all the missing links, (non-chickens), dead and not existing besides the chickens. The whole theory of evolution is just that ... a theory <br />IMO <br /><br />K
I agree with with your assessment, however my inclinations also leads me to believe the same goes for creationism.

TenE307

Petty Officer 2nd Class

>> POSSIBLY THE VERY BEST CHICKEN JOKE EVER<br /> >>>> > ><br /> >>>> > > A chicken and an egg are lying in bed. The chicken is<br /> >>>> > > leaning against the headboard smoking a cigarette,<br /> >>>> > > with a satisfied smile on its face. The egg, looking<br /> >>>> > > a bit pi**ed off, grabs the sheet, rolls over, and<br /> >>>> > > says, "Well, I guess we finally answered THAT<br /> question."

CJY

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Karrick,<br /><br />Gravity is also a "theory". I am pretty sure I stuck to the Earth today, and I even forgot to wear double stick tape. To the "average Joe" a "theory" is something that little belief is put into. I am guessing you are referring to a "theory" as understood by science. Science understands a "theory" to be something that is strongly supported by scientific evidence, and there is evidence even if you do not believe it. When you speak of a theory, please make sure you understand what one is or at the very least tell us to which you are referring, or people may conclude you strongly support evolution and its evidence.

CJY

Lieutenant Junior Grade

I just reread your post Karrick. What is a non-chicken? Is that anything that is not a chicken, such as a dog. Dogs are not chickens, unless of course they are afraid of cats. Then they are chickens. Cats could also be chickens. At least if they are afraid of mice, and mice make big chickens of elephants, which are not really chickens at all. What if a dog is a little afraid of a cat, is he then "semi chicken", or semi dog? 18 wheelers that carry frozen chickens to the grocery store, are they semi chickens or chicken semis? What is a chicken if it is afraid of being eaten by a hawk? Is he then just a chicken s--t? So I guess there really are "non-chicken, chickens," at least the ones that are not afraid of hawks.<br /><br />Karrick, you really let the worms out of the can on this one.

treedancer

Commander

Momma chicken laid an egg sat on it till it hatched baby chic stuck its head out looked and seen colonel Sanders looking back. :D Finger looking good. :D