Mmm! I'm hoping that someone knows the correct answer

Nos4r2

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Mmm! I'm hoping that someone knows the correct answer

Yes. :D

Nos4r2

Lieutenant Commander

But seriously-evolution says whatever laid the egg that hatched the 1st chicken wasn't a chicken.<br /><br />Musta been surprised at least though...

KRS

Banned

An omelet, and remember, it's creation not evolution.

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

but it was a chicken inside the egg...

SlowlySinking

Master Chief Petty Officer

Let's see, you need a chicken to lay the egg, so maybe that came first, but then again, you need the egg to hatch a chicken,,,,oh, never mind. <br /><br />Now what about the guy who saw the chicken and said, "Hummm, I'm gonna eat whatever comes out of his butt."

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

oh $#!t.... this again.... :eek: <br /><br />I believe the egg came first.... <br /><br />If I remember correctly, it was all explained by our own expert on the chicken & egg subject (SBN) that the first egg was the produce of two non-chickens..... :confused:

Vlad D Impeller

Commander

Originally posted by azfyrfyter63:<br /> An omelet, and remember, it's creation not evolution.
So what are you saying, an omelet created evoloution?<br /><br />Now dat der's dang skippy :D

Link

Rear Admiral

Sorta like Ive never seen a menu with fried chicken and eggs?? <br />Points to Ponder :confused:

Nos4r2

Lieutenant Commander

Maybe its time one evolved...

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Hey guys get a life. There are untold thousands of square miles of water begging to be used. This is a winter time thread! :p

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

If a tyranasaurus rex laid an egg it wasn't a chicken inside, but it was still an egg.

dieselram

Cadet

Tyranasaurus? Oh, you must have met my mother-in-law. hahaha! huh? uh yes, coming dear.

SpinnerBait_Nut

In nature, living things evolve through changes in their DNA. In an animal like a chicken, DNA from a male sperm cell and a female ovum meet and combine to form a zygote -- the first cell of a new baby chicken. This first cell divides innumerable times to form all of the cells of the complete animal. In any animal, every cell contains exactly the same DNA, and that DNA comes from the zygote. <br /><br />Chickens evolved from non-chickens through small changes caused by the mixing of male and female DNA or by mutations to the DNA that produced the zygote. These changes and mutations only have an effect at the point where a new zygote is created. That is, two non-chickens mated and the DNA in their new zygote contained the mutation(s) that produced the first true chicken. That one zygote cell divided to produce the first true chicken. <br /><br />Prior to that first true chicken zygote, there were only non-chickens. The zygote cell is the only place where DNA mutations could produce a new animal, and the zygote cell is housed in the chicken's egg. <br />So, me thinks the egg must have come first. <br /><br />Hope this helped.

dieselram

Cadet

Ahh, Jurassic Park XXI: Attack of the VelociChickens.

NathanY

Commander

First rule of biology is that life can only come from life. Therefore the chicken was first.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Originally posted by Nate Not in Arkansas:<br /> First rule of biology is that life can only come from life. Therefore the chicken was first.
You are right about life can only come from life, and the egg came from 2 non chicken parents if you will. So the chicken egg was first and then the chicken was hatched from it by the 2 non chicken parents.

Reel Poor

Vice Admiral

The chicken in the egg was a product of non-chicken insest? :eek: <br /> :rolleyes: :D :confused:

crab bait

Captain

to get to the other side..

all thumbs

Chief Petty Officer

I like my zygote extra crispy :D