Misters

Dfheenan

Recruit
I have a 2016 century 23 footer. The misters worked fine last year put the boat all the way just trying to use them and absolutely nothing any ideas thank you.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
I have a 2016 century 23 footer. The misters worked fine last year put the boat all the way just trying to use them and absolutely nothing any ideas thank you.
what troubleshooting have you done?

does the pump motor run?
dies the pump move fluid?
are the nozzles plugged?
is your supply tank full?

Grub54891

Vice Admiral
Some use the water from the freshwater holding tank, Did you winterize the system?

Dfheenan

Recruit
The boats in Florida, so I didn’t winterize it. It sounds like the pumps not running and nothings coming out of the nozzles didn’t know whether there was a breaker.

Grub54891

Vice Admiral
Well, start at the mister pump itself, check for power with the mister turned on. Or just look for a fuse or breaker and check there.

Scott Danforth

Staff member
Not sure where mister pump is unfortunately
Start trouble shooting.

Follow the lines down the chases in the T-top. Most likely a forward leg to the console or an aft leg to the leaning post.

The lines will lead you to a pump, which will be attached to either its own fresh water reservoir, or the boats fresh water tank

Part of the responsibility of being a boat owner is to understand your boat.

Dfheenan

Recruit
Start trouble shooting.

Follow the lines down the chases in the T-top. Most likely a forward leg to the console or an aft leg to the leaning post.

The lines will lead you to a pump, which will be attached to either its own fresh water reservoir, or the boats fresh water tank

Part of the responsibility of being a boat owner is to understand your boat.
Just got boat that is why asked question what a horrible response

Scott Danforth

Staff member
Yet in post #1, you stated you got the boat last year. Which is it?

Dfheenan

Recruit
Got the boat at the end of season then put it in storage. Why so much sarcasm just asking a question

Grub54891

Vice Admiral
No sarcasm here on this site. We are just trying to help you with the issue. We all have issues at times, most of us have experienced many problems with our boats and are trying to help others out with their issues.

airshot

Rear Admiral
If the poster is not capable of finding/ locating/ chasing down the location of a pump, perhaps he shouldn't be a boat owner. There is a certain amount of basic mechanical ability needed to own a boat or take it to a high priced dealer.

Scott Danforth

Staff member
Got the boat at the end of season then put it in storage. Why so much sarcasm just asking a question
No sarcasm at all. You stated last year in post #1, which implies 2022

Had you stated a new to you boat, that would be something different.

Post #4 says boat is in Florida and you didn't winterize it. Unless it's South of Sarasota, Florida experiences freezing weather in late December and January. That alone will bust your mister system.

You should at least blow out any fresh water tanks and lines, and do all the annual drive maintenance.

Boat ownership is much more than having a name on a title/registration and insurance card. It's understanding the craft from bow to stern and staying on top of maintenance

We are here to help those that honestly want help.

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
So, been reading this for a couple days, are there actual misters on boats that soak everyone(thing) down when on the water?? If so why not just get in the water?

Scott Danforth

Staff member
So, been reading this for a couple days, are there actual misters on boats that soak everyone(thing) down when on the water?? If so why not just get in the water?
In dry environments (not Florida with 90%humidity) they spray a fine mist under the T-top to reduce the temps by evaporative cooling

In Florida they just get you wet and irritated and you go out and buy a dometic T-top AC unit

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
Wow. I'll vote no to that.

My preferred and closest lake is deep and cool and aerated so even the hottest summer i can just jump in to cool waters. Or have several spring fed waterfalls to go to.

I guess im lucky

KJM

Lieutenant Junior Grade
I thought the idea of a boat was to stay dry......never even heard of a mister before!

flashback

Captain
I thought the idea of a boat was to stay dry......never even heard of a mister before!
Yea, I had to Google it too, I see a fundamental problem with keeping the nozzles from clogging.
The concept is good but distilled water would be the only way for it to be useful for any length of time.

Grub54891

Vice Admiral
We had a couple of boats with them at the marina. When they came to winterizing we were lucky we spotted them. That and window washers are on some boats also. Those boats were from out of the area as the owners were traveling around all over the place. Of corse they had no idea how to service their boats, they hired out everything. Regardless, hope we can help the original poster with a diagnosis.