Missing screw on my OMC (2.3 Ford)

shabazz18

Recruit
Thread starter
Joined
Jul 6, 2008
Messages
5
What is this missing screw for? I think its been gone for a while, but I just noticed. Thanks.

DSC01239-1.jpg


DSC01240-1.jpg
 
Last edited:

danond

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Joined
Jun 11, 2007
Messages
1,118
Re: Missing screw on my OMC (2.3 Ford)

Looks like one of your drains fell out. It looks like the other flat headed screw in the drive in that same area.

You should get a manual.
 

shabazz18

Recruit
Thread starter
Joined
Jul 6, 2008
Messages
5
Re: Missing screw on my OMC (2.3 Ford)

What would the oil be for up there?
 

danond

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Joined
Jun 11, 2007
Messages
1,118
Re: Missing screw on my OMC (2.3 Ford)

It's a water drain. You need a manual!!
 

shabazz18

Recruit
Thread starter
Joined
Jul 6, 2008
Messages
5
Re: Missing screw on my OMC (2.3 Ford)

It's a water drain. You need a manual!!

You're right, I do need a manual, I just ordered one in fact. But I wanna be sureits ok to run it in the mean time.
 

danond

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Joined
Jun 11, 2007
Messages
1,118
Re: Missing screw on my OMC (2.3 Ford)

I can't say for sure. I wouldn't, but that's just me.

Does water spit out that hole when you have it running on muffs in the driveway?
 
Top