Minn. Trooper Writes 205 Mph Ticket

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Minn. Trooper Writes 205 Mph Ticket

jtexas, he had to catch up to him first before he could click his clock. :D

kd6nem

Chief Petty Officer

I could do a lot of scary things as a kid with a dirtbike. But they were never at greater than 60 MPH and in front of a vehicle larger than my bike. I tried 130 on for size once- was a friend's tricked out Yammy roadbike. His track only bike was enough faster to earn him some trophies at major tracks, but the one I rode was PLENTY scary to me. I crossed a bridge that I had thought for the past years was flat. After I got my ankles down from around my shoulders I slowed down and eased it back home. You guys who ride road bikes have more guts than I do, that's for sure.

jimr

Senior Chief Petty Officer

I used to have a 600 kawasaki ninja that i piped and jetted etc and it would do about 135-140. caught a bird in the throat one day doing about 70 and it about killed me.

ebbtide176

Commander

i told this long ago. the fastest i've ever been on a bike was the kz900 with colors tylerin mentioned. that satisfied me for life, lol<br /><br />i believe this story tho, i have a coworker with a gixxer that is factory governed to limit speeds to 167 so i can believe 200+

rudeafrican

Petty Officer 1st Class

I saw an indicated (aka on the speedo) 180mph on my Kawasaki ZX1100 a couple times. <br />-------------------------------------------------<br /><br /><br />Yeah Steve that ZX11 sure can run. I currently own one and I often scare myself s***less on it. What a beaut to ride though.

mattttt25

Commander

pretty dumb, and thank god he didn't hurt someone, but it's still pretty cool to own that record.

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral

He's a Legend now. Nothing attracts the babes like notariety.<br /><br />My nephew was a bit of an outsider at his school. Then he Streaked the homecoming game. They still talk about it.

troska

Cadet

What all of you have failed to notice is that the bike he was riding will only go that fast if ridden off a cliff. A tall cliff.<br /><br />Max speed of the bike he is on is 170. Now, let's assume he did have it completely maxed out, ole Barney Fife with the twitchy thumbs in the aeroplane was off by a MINIMUM of 35 mph. That's 20%, folks. <br /><br />So next time some guy pleads and begs that he really was doing 70 on the freeway, and the Highway Patrol airplane had him pegged at 84 - remember that 20% error we have here.<br /><br />Good job, occifer.<br /><br />It takes serious, SERIOUS dollars and HP to get a bike up to 205. Not the case here. Stock bike.<br /><br />Tim

Skiuseme

Chief Petty Officer

Iam really familure with that area as it is only 1/2 hour away from me. This Dumb@$$ would not have had any problem if he would have gone to the drag stip that is only 35 miles away.

brother chris

Commander

Just wait until one time his front wheel starts to wobble...then there ain't no more bike rider left.<br />People don't learn until it's too late....and that's too bad. :(