Military Base Closures

demsvmejm

Master Chief Petty Officer
Re: Military Base Closures

Originally posted by DJ:<br /> I have a feeling that this is ONE subject that "agitator" and I will agree on.<br /><br />It IS NOT the US milatary's OBLIGATION to keep a town/economy afloat.<br /><br />It is OUR job as US citizens to keep, THEM afloat.<br /><br />Come on people-THINK. If one is shallow enough to center their life around servicing US troops coffee, they need what they need where they need it. It might not be in your backyard.<br /><br />Armies/Navies/Air Forces are mobile, that's the key.<br /><br />I still think it's shameful for Governors and Senators/Rep's to fight for keeping uneeded bases.<br /><br />For what?????
Originally posted by EEBOATER:<br /> Yeah, I'll chime in here. As I stated earlier. If a division of a privately owned company isn't needed, or has become more of an expense than a asset, it is dropped. Why should this situation be any different? <br /><br />The interesting thing about all this is if we tried to build a military base somewhere on US Soil. I wonder what the reaction would be. I wonder when the last base was erected.<br /><br />Sean<br />
My opinion is usually at odds with you two, but here I think you both are right on. I would not like to see the local Reserve station, or the Coast Guard leave, but if they weren't needed from a military/domestic protection standpoint, they should go. You guys are very well spoken on this topic.