Might purchase a used ProLine. Advice, comments?

Chincoteaguer

Seaman Apprentice
I am considering purchasing a 1993 ProLine Cuddy with a 200Hp Ocean Pro. It is on Craigslist - Hampton Roads Virginia with title "Great Bay Boat".

I think I can get the boat for about $8K. Will be traveling to see the boat in the next few days and would appreciate anyone's advice. I am told the usage meter is showing 86 + hours and the pictures that were sent to me indicate the boat is well cared for.

Thanks in advance.

robertritter77

Recruit
Re: Might purchase a used ProLine. Advice, comments?

proline still had wood stringers at this point. they changed to the fake wood in 1994. i have a 1994 proline 2750 center console, ten foot beam, love the boat. i did see when i was shopping that the earlier boats pre synthetic stringers were significantly cheaper probably due to the fear of replacement is costly. i have run into soft spots on the lids of floor compartments, electrical switches and circuit breakers have all had to be replaced, dash panel and rear wash down panel are cheaply made. good luck!!

Silver Eagle

Master Chief Petty Officer

I was looking a an17 ft proline center console with single axle trailer. Standard equipment with a 4 stroke 90 hp Merc. What do you guy's think .It just for the two of us.The seller wants $ 11,900 for it with trailer. They claim it only has 40 hours on the motor.It's a 2006.

Floridaguy32514

Seaman Apprentice

I can't comment on the value, but I just bought a 2000 Pro-line 18ft center console, semi V flats boat, my only complaints is the lack of storage space there is one hatch up front that I use for my anchors and rope, under the seat storage, that is packed full with life jackets, a storage area under the console, that while roomy, I plan on adding some kind of removable shelving before putting anything in there, due to the amount of wiring and things that could get tore up by objects flying around, and a very small glove box on the port side. I wish the hatch up front was a twin hatch (can't figure why they didn't do that) where I could store the anchor on one side and my gear on the other. and the livewell is kind of small.

But on to the Pros

With my 90hp Johnson 2 stroke, if I'm careful on the throttle (still go fast, just not WOT) I can fish for 3 or 4 days on 50 bucks worth of gas, probably more, but my gas float is a little funny, so I don't chance it more than that.

The cooler seat infront of the console, some people hate cooler seats, but I love mine, if It's just me and one other person, and we're doing catch and release, or watersports, where I don't need the cooler, I will bring a small one for drinks and open up a lot more deck space.

Looking at a few similiar 18ft CCs around that were for sale around here, from brand new to older than what I bought, mine has the most walking / fishing room on it. I looked at a center console (dont remember the brand) at Bass Proshop brand new, that with all the fancy built in rod holders, and huge live well / whatever else compartments in the back, and upfront for that matter, I would have to turn sideways and lean to walk around those rod holders esp if there were rods in them. and in the rear it takes away a good foot or two of casting space thats below the gunwhales, which is very important if the water your fishing in isn't perfectly calm. My Pro-line has 100X more room, is very comfortable, and can draft in 1.5 feet of water and run in 2, and I can go 2 or 3 miles out in the gulf on a calm day