mid 70s Mariner Rebuild

Cdntin

Recruit
Just picked up a 70 something Starcraft mariner 18ft, they're rare around here and so when this came up I jumped on it. Got it for a decent price so I paid the man his money and towed it home. Now that I'm looking at it its rougher than it first seemed. Knowing nothing about boats, nothing at all, I could use some information. First is where do I find a HIN number? I cant find one. Would these years have a second hidden one? If there isn't how do I get one reissued?

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Cdntin, :welcome: aboard...

First question, did you get a title? If so the HIN should be listed on the title. If not, then usually the HIN is located on the transom area of the hull on the Starboard side on the outside of the transom. And just so you know, the Starboard side is the right side viewing the boat from behind looking towards the front. Port side is the left hand side. But unless you have a way to register it in your name legally, I won't put a cent into it until then. JMHO

Cdntin

Recruit
Everything I read says theres no actual registration process for boats in Canada except for boats that have mortgages or commerical crafts. The only real proof of ownership is a reciept... Which I have. If Im wrong please someone tell me.