MFG Seacruiser

adoseth

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: MFG Seacruiser

Thanks guys!!, We had a great time, i was surprised the motor ran great but RPM got a little high at around 6200 at WOT so i think a repitch is due for the prop, i just ran it around 5500 and still was able to get on plane pretty easy.
I still need to do some finish work on her but it was pretty cool to take her out. I met a guy at the ramp who said he would strip the bottom paint and re gelcoat for around 300 bucks labor, i buy materials, i think i will take him up on that, but yea that was really cool taking her out again after about 11 years of sitting in the back yard , I got her stored in the garage now :)

Jon Sob

Master Chief Petty Officer

Hey Steve ..... This is how I did mine. I tied a rope to my lawn tractor and threw it up over a branch in the back yard and then tied the other end to the bow eye. Then two of us lifted the bow and then used the tractor to take up the slack in the rope and hold it there. Then the two of us lifted the stern up off the trailer and rolled the trailer out and then we just turned it over while it hung from the bow. I just want to say that it went fairly easy but I have only a 13 footer which had all of the interior out of it.

DSCF1872.jpg

I made some supports that fit on the trailer to allow the boat to be put back on while it was upside down.
DSCF1874.jpg

DSCF1875.jpg

SteveMFG_Oxford

Petty Officer 1st Class

Thanks for the reply and photos. I have a big tree handy and think I can do the same thing. Looks like a good system. I need to be able to move mine too and thought of flopping it onto a kind of plywood sled that I could drag around with the lawn tractor.

I want it outside to soda blast in inside to paint. Both while upside down. To work on the trailer seems a little high up? Was it?

Jon Sob

Hey Steve ..... Your right it was a little high but only because I had to replace my keel it was all rotted out. Here is a photo of a "cart" that Woodonglass built for his boat. He was able to move it thru the grass because he used large air inflated tires. Seems simple enough to put together. You can modify the tongue to fit your lawn tractor and be able to pull it where ever you needed to.
Dolly1.jpg

I put a ball on my lawn tractor to move my boat around on the trailer.
hitch.jpg

SteveMFG_Oxford

Petty Officer 1st Class

EXCELLENT!! Thanks for the idea and illustration! That looks like the way to go.

Are they Harbor Freight wheels ? I WONDER ....

Jon Sob

I am sure that they are 'cause he always suggest Harbor Freight.

sphelps

Supreme Mariner

Hey Adoseth you really need to build a dock for the seacruiser. You sure have the real estate for it!:D
CIMG9926.jpg

What is the waterway that you are on?

adoseth

Petty Officer 2nd Class

LoL, i wish that was my real estate!!!, yea, we went along the caloosahatchee river and this was one of many nice houses along its shoreline, must be nice eh!!!!!

SteveMFG_Oxford

Petty Officer 1st Class

What a beautiful set up! Looks like they might get their feet wet on those lawn chairs when one of those monster yachts goes by.

Hope they never experience storm surge there. The elevation sure doesn't look very high. But boy, what a view they must have! I could get use to it.

sphelps

Supreme Mariner

Hey adoseth whats going on ? Haven't heard from you in a while..
Are you gunna leave us any fish in the creek ? :D

adoseth

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Hey Sp, how you been?, I been going out in her a lot actually, no fishing though just cruising the beaches around fort myers, i still need to finish off the cosmetics but other than that the old girl has really been proving herself, top speed about 35mph gps, and gets about 4 miles per gallon, not too bad for a 115 johnson eh?

sphelps

Supreme Mariner

Glad to see somebody getting some use out of their boat!LOL. Seems to me 35 is running nice ! Can't ask for much better!

yanks21

Petty Officer 2nd Class

No kidding. besides, who cares about mpg? Go with hours of fun per gallon...

vwfoolwhy

Seaman

That Seacruiser came out really nice and clean. Great Job Adoseth. There is a Secruiser locally morned on the Merrimack River that is the first boat out and the last boat in every year. Unfortunately in the 12 years I have taken notice of the boat. I have never seen the owner on it or it moved from it's moring. I'll have to get pics the next time out.

adoseth

Petty Officer 2nd Class
This is actually Adoseth's wife. He passed away unexpectedly 31 days ago.

Our girls and I have decided we want to sell his Seacruiser - we couldn't bear to take it out without him even if we could figure out how to drive a boat.

I am curious what I should be looking at price wise, if any of you can venture a guesstimate? He told me often that even new it wasn't exactly a 'common' boat and that he'd only seen a few online that were the same model and year as his '66. He's invested a lot of time and money into restoring her and I know the motor alone is worth more than what he initially paid for the boat, only because I bought it for him for a steal. Beyond that, I'm clueless.
10407412_847695471907289_8877978945332349359_n.jpg 10409173_847695541907282_8527903634608047686_n.jpg 10644819_847695385240631_7482487737843418695_n.jpg?oh=50fcb1fdee7b249784926180ad8b345a&oe=546...jpeg

He never did get around to doing the painting of the outside but he made new vinyl covers for the bumpers to the pocket storage areas on either side (sorry, I've no idea technical terms), ground down the floor and poured a resin on it and then laid carpet over. The trailer he made covered guides for so that it would ease them getting it back on the trailer.

Any input at all would be so very appreciated.

Attachments

• 10407412_847695471907289_8877978945332349359_n.jpg
    10407412_847695471907289_8877978945332349359_n.jpg
    143.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 10407412_847695471907289_8877978945332349359_n.jpg
    10407412_847695471907289_8877978945332349359_n.jpg
    143.8 KB · Views: 0

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
I am so sorry about your loss This must be very hard on you and the girls . Losing a husband and father way to early in life must be a bit overwhelming . I am glad that you let us know .. I did not know him personally but from the time he spent with us here on the forum I do consider him a friend and I wish I could have known him better .. I hope you don't mind but I am posting this picture because it shows him doing what he must have loved doing .. Spending a beautiful day with his beautiful family ..

As far as the value of the Seacruiser I am not real sure but I will ask some of the other members for some input .. I will send you a PM sometime later ..
Again , I am deeply sorry for your loss ..
Samuel ..

adoseth

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Thank you very much Samuel, it was very sudden and completely unexpected. He was just an absolutely amazing human being, he didn't know how to be rude or thoughtless. The world is much darker without his light in it.
That's a great shot! He loved taking his 'other b__' out, which was our nickname for her. It's hard to think about parting with it, but it is also impossible to fathom ever being on it without him. I've had a few people inquiring about it, but I don't know boats, much less value of boats of such a unique nature. I know he said there weren't many with as much original parts as his and he was very proud of being able to restore it with the focus on staying original as much as possible. I'm reaching out a lot because I don't want to apply sentimental value but I also don't want to just give things away when the girls and I cannot afford to do so.
I'm hopeful that someone with greater knowledge than I can point me in a general direction as to the value. I found where he had saved an image of the original brochure from the 60s which priced it at like $4125 new and I know he only paid about $800 for it when he bought it. The motor was priced at $1200 but the guy who sold it to me didn't realize he had placed an ad to run on SuperBowl Sunday and said if I would just pay him cash and come get it I could have it for half that - so I did. Beyond that, I don't know the dollar price of his work on the transom and other restoratives he did.
Thank you so much.

jbcurt00

Staff member
Sorry for your loss. Looks like a great boat. Sam, you've got a PM

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Mrs Adoseth , sorry I have not gotten back with you yet . When I get home this afternoon I will send you a PM . I have asked Jbcurt and some others for an estimated value and will fill you in on our thoughts . The forum has some rules about selling and such on the open forum . Look for a message later this evening . Samuel ..