meth

Ron G

Commander
just wondering if other parts of the country is as infested with the sh-t.as here?over in the next county its a wild west scene with bombings,shootings in front of the police station and so on,the kids around here dont have a chance the stuffs everwere,found 2 make shift labs at the lake awhile back,informed the police and nothing was hear of it.and the stuff these people use to make it.sorry about ranting

Homerr

Commander
Re: meth

Yea.. and because of it, now we have to get a prescription just to get cold medicine that contains ephedrine!!<br />(At least it's being proposed... dunno if they passed it)<br /><br />Do they have any idea how much that will increase our insurance?<br /><br />Total BS<br /><br />Just another way to screw the law abiding citizen. <br /><br /><br />H.

qaztwo

Petty Officer 1st Class

There seems to be a lot around here also. Don't know if this is only a state thing, but now you have to sign for over the counter drugs that can be used to make the stuff.

brother chris

Commander

This drug is very addictive and it seems like the number of people using it, are growing and growing. <br />We have a real big problem with it here. <br />I know things are being done about it, but more needs to be done, sooner. <br />Anyone who makes it should be setenced to at least 10-15 years, for every offense. <br />These people who are addicted to it, have a long hard road ahead. The suppliers should be punished serverely!

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

There is NO maybe about killing brain cells. IT DOES EACH TIME IT IS USED. That stuff is true dope. It is bad in our county as well. Last year over 70 labs had been shut down. In a small town of Perrysville, the friggen idiots had a lab right next to the police station.<br /><br />Awile back I had a post about ignorant stupid people with a new boat. Turns out why they were so rude and obnoxious was because all of them were taking meth. Also found out that they had been urinating off the back of the boat at the dock. Sad part is the slip across from them was a couple that foster teenage girls that had been molested by family members. So can you imagine the fear those girls had?<br /><br />A whipping post in town square. Let the public pay a buck for each lash they give em and donate the money to a charity.<br /><br />Wait a see, our tax dollars will be used in the near future to house these idiots in an institution. :mad:

Ron G

Commander

not only that but wait until all the health issues start you think insurance is high now,theres no telling how much of these people will have some kind of cancer and there offspring help there souls

Holdimhook

Chief Petty Officer

Unfortunately, it seems to be the illegal drug of choice around here, too. It's cheap, powerful, and killer dangerous. You can tell by looking at those who have been addicted for awhile. Sores on the face and body, deathlike palor, loose and missing teeth. It's easy to make and easier to sell. In my opinion, it's the most dangerous drug that's come along yet.

Parrott_head

Chief Petty Officer

In Oklahoma they passed a law that limits how much of the pseadowhateveritis you can buy at one time. You have to show photo ID. If you buy from several stores at the in a short time your name will crop up in a data base, I've been told.<br /><br />In one southern Oklahoma county the newly elected Sheriff was caught setting up his own little operation. He's doing federal time with a death threat agaisnt him.<br /><br />Two weeks ago the busted a small city cop in south Oklahoma for buying and using meth while on duty.<br />They even found his pipe in the cruiser.<br /><br />This stuff is very bad news.

KRS

Banned

We took a HazMat class specific to mobile meth labs. DID YOU KNOW that cookers use ether based starting fluid in the manufacturing process? DID YOU KNOW that they filter the liquid through coffee filters and it leaves a reddish-hue residue in the filters.<br /><br />Maybe if we are all aware of some of the products and by-products, we can spot it and stop it.

KRS

Banned

I forget exactly how it is used, but many of the large manufacturers use anhydrous ammonia also. This chemical is typically stored and used by farmers. In case you are wondering why it is bad... it makes your lungs fill with their own fluid and you suffocate. A similar fate can be suffered by those who inhale phosgene gas, such as burning of freon gas in a car fire, burning of certain upholstery foams, etc.<br /><br />Why does it seem everything is nasty? !

BLU LUNCH

Lieutenant

The town where I live next to the daugher of the Mayor of South Windsor Ct 44yo busted with Meth and numerous motor vechile offences yesterday..........

bubbakat

Captain

Ron G I live down the road from you in McMinnville. We-have the problem so bad here that we changed the name of our town to methminville.<br />That stuff is killing kids and grown ups all over the USA. The worst ain't here yet. Homer we are sorry that you have been put to an inconvenience about your cold medicine but you have got to understand we have to start somewhere trying to get control of this plague that is sweeping our nation.<br />Ephedrine is where they get their main ingredient for making this poison. We busted a lab a few weeks ago that they were giving discounts to people that would urinate in a jar and the discount depended on how much urine you could deposit. They are recycling urine now and that means what ever diseases the person has is passed on to the next person.<br />You think your insurance is high now . Wait until about 3 to 5 years when all these people that have been exposed to the toxic fumes from these labs start having long term health problems with failed kidneys and lungs.<br />The small kids I have seen that are already on breathing machines will make you cry.<br />The IRS has came up with a good deal. They now tax any one who is caught with any kind of dope whether it be meth,cocaine, weed or what. I took one irs agent to two of our inmates and he told one that he owed the irs 5300 and wouldn't get out of lockup until its paid. I think the other one was 2100 so this may act as a deterrent. Lets hope so.

DaleT

Chief Petty Officer

Unfortunately, this epidemic is widespread and only gaining momentum. As mentioned above, we have to start somewhere to gain a foot hold on it. As for increased insurance costs, for the short term this will be a pain for many. The increases will undoubtedly occur. However with that in mind, when our public safety officers do tackle it there will a much greater savings for all of us in the form of a less desperate society. True, many of these users would or will find a different fix. One thing to think about with this "product." The costs of detecting, closing, and cleaning these labs is much higher than many would believe. In my line of work we provide the Air Quality Monitors, supplied air respirators, SCBA's, and chemical detection equipment to the State of MI. Police. The price of these units is quite high and maintenance is very time consuming, as well as costly. If that cost alone could be eliminated the savings would go a great deal further on many projects.

Skinnywater

Commander

From what I understand meth labs probably got started in this area first. It's been going on long enough that local law enforcement has a fair grip on it now.<br /> No other drug I know of can produce the worst from a human being. This drug wrecks lives families and whole communities.<br />I can spot a ****le scratchin', tooth rotten, straw hair, tongue suckin', paranoid crankhead a mile off.<br />I avoid them and have zero tolerance for them. They are plain nasty scumbags. :mad:

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

A while back a local scumbag tried to set up a meth lab in his rented house. <br /><br />Neighbors reported it. Nothing happened.<br /><br />The next day the Sheriff had to rescue the perp from local citizens.<br /><br />No charges were filed, but the perp hasn't been seen since. Wonder if he moved to TN. :confused:

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

...plus it was probably some methheads that stole my boat engines and sold them for a fraction of their value just to get a couple of extra hits. :mad: <br /><br />All that being said, I have pretty good hay fever in the spring and early summer. I use a fair amount of pills with that 'stuff' in it. If I have to call and get a perscription every time I need the stuff, the doctor's office will say "you have to come in for and exam before we can give it to you". You know what that will do for the cost of my 74 pills, currently at about $5.00.<br /><br />I mean really people, why do you think that meth is such an explosive problem today. Like it or not it's because there are no mothers in the home anymore. Hate to turn this political but the Liberals have gotten what they want. This society has forgotten what motherhood is about.<br /><br />Hillary thinks a society can make up for the lack of it by saying "it takes a village". Well guess what people. The only thing the village has to offer is to make you get a perscription for a common cold/hay fever medication while the problem just keeps balloning.<br /><br />Stuff that in your pipe and inhale it PW.

Kenneth Brown

Captain

Bubbakat- A cook got his drug charges dropped here recently because of the IRS. They served him with the bill before he went to trail. His quick thinking lawyer paid the IRS. When it came time for trial the judge had to throw it out because the feds "legalised" it when he paid the taxes. Something to remember.

bigbad4cyl

Petty Officer 1st Class

us military used to put speed in the candybars included in the m.r.e's handed out durring the 2nd world war...made the troops able to fight for days

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

Now see Boomyal, ya got it wrong, Bud.. JB's Texican neighbors obviously understand the "it takes a village" idea..<br />
The next day the Sheriff had to rescue the perp from local citizens.<br />
Ya, there's meth around here.. Probably find it in my neighborhood, and I would'nt have to look real hard, I bet...... :mad: <br /><br />I say lock em' up, throw away the key, and give them meth-heads all the meth they want.... ;) Let natural selection take care of it.... ;)

BoatBuoy

Rear Admiral

Originally posted by Homerr:<br /> Yea.. and because of it, now we have to get a prescription just to get cold medicine that contains ephedrine!!
A long time ago you had to get a prescription to get anything with ephedrine. Soon, it may be required. That's why there are "prescriptions" - to prevent abuse by the few. I also remember when ibuprofen was prescription-only. Hmmm, wonder what they can make from it.