Mercury Dual Throttle - Neutral Button Assistance

hckrphil

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I have a boat with a dual Mercury throttle. The port throttle stick has a trim switch on the handle that raises / lowers both drives. On the top of the case there are individual trim buttons to fine tune each outdrive.

Make of boat unecessary, as I have volvo outdrives and engines, and a Mercury throttle (someone bastardized this boat prior to me).

Anyways..... i'm missing the neutral button on the port motor. The cap appears to have been broken off so just the plastic nub was left. I've purchased just a cap (before I realized it was a cap and shaft...... as well as the cap & shaft part #822212. This last part seems to have TOO LONG of a shaft.

I have photos of the controls & buttons...... but I keep getting an error when trying to upload. Hopefully I can get the uploaded to better assist with the identification of what I need.

Thank you!
Phil

alldodge

Staff member
I'm assuming the controls is after 1994, but still having issues finding the exact model. Is there a number on it anywhere, maybe under the cover?

Here are your pics
fb1.jpg
fb2.jpg
fb3.jpg
fb4.jpg

hckrphil

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Thx for posting the pics for me... The last pic is the neutral button..... The top one is the button I just purchased.... the botton piece is what was in the shifter. I was able to take the shifter out of gear just by pushing on the nub, no issues. I'm just trying to fix odds and ends that are missing / not 100%.

The nub in the picture was flush with the outside casing of the shift handle.... so the new button I got is too long. I can't find any model numbers anywhere on the shiftter unfortunately.

Thoughts?

hckrphil

Petty Officer 2nd Class
No Title

The short piece is the part I pulled out, the longer piece with the cap is the new part I bought that appears to be about an inch too long.

Attachments

• photo246466.jpg
    photo246466.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 0

alldodge

Staff member

hckrphil

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Thanks Dodge! I'm going to give part # 877717 a shot....... From the diagram, it looks spot on to everything else on the control.... we'll see :)

Phil