Kurt Watson 72
Cadet
Thread starter- Joined
- May 30, 2022
- Messages
- 16
Hello,
I recently bought a 15' Invader bowrider with a 1982 Mercury 90 2 stroke. The boat had sat covered for 3 years before I bought it. I drained the old fuel out and filled the tanks with fresh fuel with 50:1 oil mixture. I took the boat out 2 times. The first time it ran perfect. The second time, after awhile, while running at approximately 3/4 throttle, the engine suddenly started popping and lost power. I reduced the throttle to idle and it ran fine while idling. I thought I had run out of fuel, but I still had a 1/2 tank. When I got home, I took the engine cover off and found the carburetors were all covered with fuel. I don't see any cracked or broken fuel lines, and I have not run the engine with the cover off yet as I don't want to damage it. YES, there is a steady stream of water coming from the tell tail hole. I'm thinking maybe a clogged jet, but would one out of 3 clogged carbs make it run that bad or cause fuel to be everywhere?
I recently bought a 15' Invader bowrider with a 1982 Mercury 90 2 stroke. The boat had sat covered for 3 years before I bought it. I drained the old fuel out and filled the tanks with fresh fuel with 50:1 oil mixture. I took the boat out 2 times. The first time it ran perfect. The second time, after awhile, while running at approximately 3/4 throttle, the engine suddenly started popping and lost power. I reduced the throttle to idle and it ran fine while idling. I thought I had run out of fuel, but I still had a 1/2 tank. When I got home, I took the engine cover off and found the carburetors were all covered with fuel. I don't see any cracked or broken fuel lines, and I have not run the engine with the cover off yet as I don't want to damage it. YES, there is a steady stream of water coming from the tell tail hole. I'm thinking maybe a clogged jet, but would one out of 3 clogged carbs make it run that bad or cause fuel to be everywhere?