Mercury 75hp 4 Stroke question -- Who really makes it?

scjakester

Seaman
Thread starter
Joined
Aug 26, 2007
Messages
57
Hello everyone -- real quick question. I am looking to purchase a boat with a used (but well maintained) 2003 Mercury 4 Stroke 75hp. I have read online that Mercury rebrands some stuff from the Tohatsu company, but anyone know who made this particular one? It is an '03 Mercury 4 stroke 75hp. -Jake
 

brandon110

Seaman
Joined
Nov 20, 2010
Messages
55
Re: Mercury 75hp 4 Stroke question -- Who really makes it?

Tohatsu makes mercurys smaller motors. your 75 however is a yamaha powerhead on a merc driveshaft housing and lowerunit.
 

scjakester

Seaman
Thread starter
Joined
Aug 26, 2007
Messages
57
Re: Mercury 75hp 4 Stroke question -- Who really makes it?

Thanks for the response, Brandon. I appreciate your time. I cannot find anything on the Internet about their service record. Anyone had experience with these motors? Are they a good reliable engine? I am not out to set any speed records, I just don't want to row!!!!
 

brandon110

Seaman
Joined
Nov 20, 2010
Messages
55
Re: Mercury 75hp 4 Stroke question -- Who really makes it?

we service a good number of the 75 90 115 yamamercs like what you have at my boatyard we have had good luck with them.
 

scjakester

Seaman
Thread starter
Joined
Aug 26, 2007
Messages
57
Re: Mercury 75hp 4 Stroke question -- Who really makes it?

'Yamamerc'... :)
 
Top