byronjacobson
Seaman Apprentice
Thread starter- Joined
- Jul 28, 2009
- Messages
- 44
HI,
I acquired a 1975 200 20 hp mercury outboard that had a bad starter rope recoil. I repaired the recoil and can get the motor started, but it dies on me unless I keep spraying starter fluid into the carburator. I'm thinking the fuel pump diaphram needs replacing. I looked for a kit but can't find a source to buy it.
Do you guys think I'm on the right track or could it be something in the carburator. I took the carburator apart and cleaned it as well I could.
any advice would be appreciated. please send to jake331@charter.net or call me at 320-six -three -four-4919
I acquired a 1975 200 20 hp mercury outboard that had a bad starter rope recoil. I repaired the recoil and can get the motor started, but it dies on me unless I keep spraying starter fluid into the carburator. I'm thinking the fuel pump diaphram needs replacing. I looked for a kit but can't find a source to buy it.
Do you guys think I'm on the right track or could it be something in the carburator. I took the carburator apart and cleaned it as well I could.
any advice would be appreciated. please send to jake331@charter.net or call me at 320-six -three -four-4919
Last edited: