FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Probably not, got Sn's for the 1991-2ish drive?
In 91, Mercruiser went from the Alpha I to an Alpha I Gen II drive, and they are not interchangeable. Of course if the donor boat is a 91, it's not a stretch to see an 90 outdrive in it. Which would be compatible
One picture they didn't show in Don's link is that the skegs look a lot different. The trailing edge of a Gen 2 is at a less than 90 degree angle in relation to the "bullet", where on the old drives it is perpendicular. That's the easiest way I know to tell them apart quickly. Although I supposed a guy could have welded on a new skeg to an old drive.