I'm looking at a 21' boat with a 165hp Mercruiser w/ Alpha 1 outdrive. 1988 I believe. Any idea what this really is? (4.3L?) Would it be enough to pull up a 160lb slalom skier? Oh, yeah, the boat has a cuddy cabin.
Dave
Dave
hum, what's to discuss. the base statement that i've heard is the the I6, chevy 250, 165hp may be one of the best engines ever to be marininzed. torquey, don't break down. common, ya don't see many my I6 250 is broke down threads? ya don't see many, gee, i sure like my engine threads either. for the I6 you will. to me, it's the ultimate in a basic carbed power plant. ultimate simplicity that works. ya get the feeling i like my chevy 250?How about finishing up this thread with opinions on the I-6 250CI 165HP engine
How about finishing up this thread with opinions on the I-6 250CI 165HP engine just in case.